And so it begins....

ReelSlim

Crew Member
Well I guess I’m passed the point of no return officially. I put the cheque in the bank after selling my Striper 2 days ago. I’m going to try and make this a “Happy” thread and post pictures of my new boat build. I placed a deposit on one a month ago after a few years of deciding what I was going to do. I’m not letting all the fishing gloom of late change my plans. As much as I am a die hard fishermen it is going to be used for family time and exploring as well till I can’t do it anymore....hopfully. I will be looking through lots of old posts when I decide on power ...electronics and all the other toys. I have a pretty good idea of what I’m getting but things could change. The aluminum is ordered and work starts in September. Looking forward to the whole process.....well....most of it anyways....lol

Sorry to hear your sold your Boat. Good to hear your building a new one! ! I’m doing the same, sold my boat and the build starts mid October for me.

Keep us posted!

Will do, it’s been a long boring summer with no boat, even my wife is excited for the build!

Wow! That would be nice. I can’t say that my wife is overly excited at all....lol :rolleyes: Oh well....the kids and I will make up for her.

Sucks not having a boat I would imagine. I had a few guys wanting my old boat but they all knew that they couldn’t have it until my holidays were over this summer....worked out pretty good.

Wow! That would be nice. I can’t say that my wife is overly excited at all....lol :rolleyes: Oh well....the kids and I will make up for her.

Sucks not having a boat I would imagine. I had a few guys wanting my old boat but they all knew that they couldn’t have it until my holidays were over this summer....worked out pretty good.

She wasn't overly on board at first until I sold the boat, now she realizes how much she misses it. It'll work out good in the end, it's just hard to be patient haha

Congrats!! I had a long hard look at a used Jaxon Craft CC few years ago, but sat on my hands too long! The boats are very well made, and would not hesitate again! Keep us posted with photos on the build and final product!!
Cheers!!

Congrats!! I had a long hard look at a used Jaxon Craft CC few years ago, but sat on my hands too long! The boats are very well made, and would not hesitate again! Keep us posted with photos on the build and final product!!
Cheers!!

Yep he definitely builds a solid boat. He was just finishing up a 29’ when I was there last month. The finish was really good and had every option on it. It was a little more boat than I’m getting but nice to see the workmanship....:)

Last edited:
Holy cow his boats are unreal. ran into one of these in Teakerne arm just last week. the guy who owned it told me how he builds one at a time. i couldn’t stop drooling at it. gorgeous rides for sure

He definitely builds them one at a time. I just wish I was living on the Island now. I’m sure I would be there everyday as it was built...lol. He promised lots of pictures and updates along the way. I’ll be making a few trips out once it really gets going. We did some preliminary measurements for my height etc so he has a good idea of building heights for doors/seats and ceilings. It’s definitely going to feel custom in the end....:)

He definitely builds them one at a time. I just wish I was living on the Island now. I’m sure I would be there everyday as it was built...lol. He promised lots of pictures and updates along the way. I’ll be making a few trips out once it really gets going. We did some preliminary measurements for my height etc so he has a good idea of building heights for doors/seats and ceilings. It’s definitely going to feel custom in the end....:)
When he sends pics, make sure to post them. Let’s stsrt with a before pic now!

You could start with a picture of the water where the boat will launch or moor. That’s a start. Receipts are getting a little too personal IMHO.

Oly

You could start with a picture of the water where the boat will launch or moor. That’s a start. Receipts are getting a little too personal IMHO.

Oly

I will see what pictures I have kicking around for sure. It’s going to spend most of its time in Renfrew. The receipt thing was just a joke.....:)

Greg

This is where it will be next season in Renfrew....And one of where I have annual moorage.

Attachments

• All 1442.jpg
    All 1442.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 322
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 332
Back