Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed that its hard to keep these fish on line when they start trashing around on the surface. Anybody have some tricks to keeping them hooked? Should go to a larger hook?
I use a 6 hook and reel fast, if they really start thrashing let em run it doesn't last long, if you at a 50% capture rate your invited on my boat anytime lol Good Luck and tight lines

Still can't figure out the up and down photo lol. last couple nights 6 socs and a few springs between me and my buddies. Lost quite a few as well Finally got a good one on a chovie. The pink hootch is doing damage! Big thanks to Jens and Stillwater Sports for setting me up and coming out to rip some lips. 70-30 ft in the gauntlet of boats for us IMG_0154.JPG IMG_0123.JPG

Sandheads was great for us this morning, 55’ & 77’. Similar action on both our green and red sides. We started at North Arm and had no luck there, headed south and found fish.

Welp. The struggle continues. Went 1 for 6 in a 1 hour fish at the North arm. All blue flashers in the Pacific Angler setup. Ripped out at 10:00, rods set up by 10:30, lost 5 fish in 20 minutes then managed to haul one in. I was by myself today though so it was fun to try and figure it out anyways. Boat parked and gear clean by 12:30. At the pub now for happy hour. Happy Friday guys.

Welp. The struggle continues. Went 1 for 6 in a 1 hour fish at the North arm. All blue flashers in the Pacific Angler setup. Ripped out at 10:00, rods set up by 10:30, lost 5 fish in 20 minutes then managed to haul one in. I was by myself today though so it was fun to try and figure it out anyways. Boat parked and gear clean by 12:30. At the pub now for happy hour. Happy Friday guys.
Well at least you got the stink off!

Sandheads from 8 t0 12. Limits for me and the 8 year old kid. Out deeper by ourselves. Found a school and tried to hover on over it.58 to 45. The green worked best again

3 for 6 north arm One was 11# spring so more fun than sockeye. In shallower water than the pack. Action pretty much on tide changes. 30-70 like everyone else

3 for 6 north arm One was 11# spring so more fun than sockeye. In shallower water than the pack. Action pretty much on tide changes. 30-70 like everyone else
I was in tight as well. Not many boats where I was. Maybe you saw my gear flying around.

Went to T10 yesterday am with a friend and got 5 by 8am then got 3 more at nth are 10-10.30 we also lost another 8 probably. Usual setup and with red and green and purple onion flashers that all worked. Also went out wed and thurs after 2 pm nth arm with my son and could not catch anything either afternoon! Hard going for me on the low tide at nth arm 225 -300ft and my son already didn’t love fishing.
This morning I went out solo to nth Arm and went 4 for 4 with 3 rods down, took 4 hours. (I totally surprised myself not losing any ) It was slower today and I could not find as many schooled fish. Also a wild coho release.
Good times. Lots of boats out This morning but still lots of space to fish. So Saturday am there is going to be a mega-squadron of boats :)

T10 for us by 7:30 am and I sucked the entire time for sockeye, need to work on my "dialed in" setup...got fed up and put a spring rig down around 11:30 am and bam, screamer on a pink / white hoochie with a chartreuse flasher, 105' on the rigger. Really peeled out the line and ended up with a sweet low 20's red spring, caught in about 210' of water. Good luck to everyone else, and tight lines for the derby tomorrow everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back