Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Adanac,
We’re in the derby as well. This is our first year participating and we’re stoked to get out there this weekend :). All these sox have really distracted everyone from Chinook including us so it’ll be interesting to see what happens. Still working on a team name but my boat is a 24’ Robalo walkaround w/ dark blue hull & twin outboards. Radio handle is Saratoga. We’ll be moored at Dockside marina for the tournament.
Good luck out there!

I'll be there moored there as of tomorrow night. 25ft. Bertram. slip F-20. Come for a beer!

Earlier there was talk of washing your gear...what soap works best..?

A bit of a false start and an encounter with a crab trap put us on track for T-10 ended up limiting out in about an hour-one Big Boy was almost 10 pounds.

Saw some long faces on the water I guess not everyone follows the easy instructions posted here about how easy it is to catch Sockeye.

IMG_5464.jpg IMG_5462.jpg

A buddy and I were out off the south arm today. Started bad with losing a konezone, ball, clip because of a tri-flasher on the line. Had the zone off the ball, then a tri-flasher 6 feet up and then 2 lines. No luck for hours but after I took off the tri-flasher things started to work. It’s the old style with wire. Maybe making noise. We ended up hitting a 12-14lb spring and 7 sockeye. Had a triple to end the day. I didn’t think we were gonna get the 3rd with barbless hooks but the 3/0 gammy was through the bone of the nose. Some nice size sockeye showing up. Got 2 around 10+lbs. will be back out again tomorrow.

He’s a little sweet karma. We were trolling towards the south arm when a couple of old guys in an old boat kept pushing us to the right. As a bouy came up we yelled to move over as we had a bouy in front and to our right. Well they ignored us and kept going. We killed the throttle and let them cut across the front. Well funny as it was they wrapped there canon ball and gear on the bouy. Guess they didn’t know which way the current was running. Laughed our heads off.
R

I have noticed that its hard to keep these fish on line when they start trashing around on the surface. Anybody have some tricks to keeping them hooked? Should go to a larger hook?
Reel fast don't let them turn there heads they wanna feel pressure soon as it hits the side of the boat grab the flasher and pull them over
no net needed trust me your catch rate will go up. North arm 40-60 evening fish yesterday get out and have fun. 5/0 owner hooks

At sandheads now. Marked a lot of sockeye (?) at 150ft on the sounder. Only seen a couple landed. Out in 375ft if water no bites. Gunna move to shallower water and hope the bite turns on at the high slack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back