Tsawwassen boat launch

Last I herd was that it was closed until Sept sometime. But I can't confirm that as that was a long time ago, I herd that and I haven't been out that way in a long long time

I'll be at the ferry tomorrow. I'll try to sneak a peek and post from the Ukee condo. Won't have time to stop and read any signage.

The boat launch was still closed as of last week. However, if you have a smaller boat, you can just launch off the beach. I've done it and have seen others do it. You will need a 4wd vehicle, knowledge of the tides and maybe a few guys to move some driftwood out of the way. I wouldn't launch a boat that is on a tandem axel trailer because it would be too hard to pull out of the water since the beach is made up of loose rocks, but anything smaller shouldn't be a problem.

what are you launching from there? FWIW, the launch at Wellington Point is free and will put you in right at the head of Canoe Pass, which on a decent tide a smaller boat can get through. Spits you out at T-14.

Though, for my money I'd just whip up Sea reach and head out through Sandheads. Keep the red buoys on your right, and stay well south of S-0, you won't have a problem getting out there. IME The big standing waves of Sandheads tends to be in a triangle of S1 (Green Bell) S-2 and the Sandheads light.

I drove by today and the beach is a mess. There's drift wood everywhere and the ramp is blocked by drift wood. It's a little bumpier and muddier than usual so you can have some fun if you have a 4wd vehicle. My Pathfinder made it all the way to the end easily.

Back