Status
Not open for further replies.
That's kind of what I was thinking. It seems like time and tides are playing a huge role
I really think that’s true. It doesn’t matter where you are if they’re not biting. Sounds like guys had success around dinner last night because they were fishing the flood at the north arm.

12 fish in 4 hours , that includes a 1/2 run out and back (on water 8 and off just before noon)
3 miles offshore of the south arm in 400 ft of water, using pink minis 50-90 ft and the deep lines were really active.
Lost my daisy chain and it didn't matter they were still hitting.
Would post a pic but can't ... Im sick of the red bar messg I get .... oh well.
If you cant catch a fish out there now you might just wanna pack it in or next time put the damn hooks in the water lol
Go Gettem .... The BIG fish are in !

Gong show at sandheads. 100+ boats here. Spread out nicely tho. Awesome weather, flat calm. Mix of sox and coho for us so far. Released 4 wild ho's and boxed 4 sox so far. Decent action for sure. Got most offshore a bit just after slack. Flooding now so will try tighter in as bite has died for us for past 30 or so. Gear at 40-50 with dummies below has been good for us.

Fished 11-3 Till my downrigger snapped. Fished out from T10. Hits on and off during day. Lost 2 hooks as well to fish. But came on for us at 2. 2 within 5 mins of each other and a double header right after. Surprised how big the males were! Not alot of jumpers either. Caught from 15 to 55ft. Nice day on the water by afternoon.

Attachments

• 20180815_162157.jpg
    20180815_162157.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 86
Easy limits of sox at Sandheads today. 70 ft was hot for me. 22 inch leaders. Glo head squirts. Done sox by 9am and switched gear. Went for springs with chovy s and lost a screamer right at the boat. Great day again . Released a couple coho and 1 under size spring. Sandheads is on fire guys. The morning bite seems really good.
Hey @Canso let's see some go pro video you promised

Last edited:
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm not one to catch and release spring after getting my 4 salmon for the day. Sometimes I only keep 3 sockey so I can still keep 1 spring.
Ooooooh I see what you're saying there.

1CF98285-88DE-4770-BEDA-BEDBA453BEF1.jpeg FB675A4F-AC9C-4EE5-AF11-3B5046450024.jpeg Got out for a few hours tonite. Was a lot of boats (commercial and sporties).

We got a number of Sockeyes. Seemed a bit slower for us however saw a steady flow of fish being caught all night.

Then just before packing up my daughter hooked into a nice Red Spring. After numerous birds nests and even wrapping on other gear we managed to land it.

A4CB7082-A111-4343-806B-384458B74145.jpeg Went out for a quick after work North Arm sesh and bagged 2 beaut sox in the first 10 mins. Watermark gave me some great advice on stacking gear and it worked!! Sun was dropping fast so we had to pull the plug. Didn’t see many nets out there. Gorgeous conditions. View attachment 39612

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back