Sansom narrows fishing

california

Does anyone have experience fishing Sansum narrows. I am staying a few days at bold bluff and have acess to a boat there but it doesnt have downriggers so was going to try cut plugging since lots of flow there. I haven't seen many boats out si any info would be helpful. Thanks

I have seen a few boats out over the last few days, one guy has been fishing bold bluff right in front of us and a couple in the morning have been fishing the bay just south of Samsun point. It looks on regs like the closure is south of burial island. And north is ok or am I reading it incorrectly and those boats are fishing illegally?

Last edited:
I have seen a few boats out over the last few days, one guy has been fishing bold bluff right in front of us and a couple in the morning have been fishing the bay just south of Samsun point. It looks on regs like the closure is south of burial island. And north is ok or am I reading it incorrectly and those boats are fishing illegally?

Yes it is illegal and they shouldn't be in there. There is a finifish closure right there. Aug 1st everything shuts down here to protect Cowichan Chinook.

Back in the 80's that blue area was thick with boats. Mooching right up close under the Saltspring bluffs, and trolling south of the bluff up to and around Burial Island. So many boats, I recall feeling ill from all the blue two stroke smoke.

Back in the 80's that blue area was thick with boats. Mooching right up close under the Saltspring bluffs, and trolling south of the bluff up to and around Burial Island. So many boats, I recall feeling ill from all the blue two stroke smoke.
Jigging used to work really well at Bold Bluff as well. King of Diamonds was the go to jig. Huey's Reef was also a good producer.

Back