Status
Not open for further replies.
At Sandheads for a couple hrs. Dead quiet!! Haven’t seen any action. At least winds have settled from what it was.

Last edited:
Mcdonald Beach Launch is now CLOSED, you can retrieve your boat, but as of now no launching.

We will now close the boat launch to vessels launching but allow boats to be recovered from the water. Staff will be onsite Managing this request until 9:30pm and again at 7:00am tomorrow morning. Gates to the Park will be locked overnight. Off leash dog Park will also remain closed.

Mcdonald Beach Launch is now CLOSED, you can retrieve your boat, but as of now no launching.

We will now close the boat launch to vessels launching but allow boats to be recovered from the water. Staff will be onsite Managing this request until 9:30pm and again at 7:00am tomorrow morning. Gates to the Park will be locked overnight. Off leash dog Park will also remain closed.
Canso,

Where did you get the closing announcement? I was planning to launch on Thursday morning there and was wondering where to get an update on this so I can launch elsewhere if required.

D

And with the No 2 road plugged up by all the commercial fisherman vehivals taking every available spot there it looks like a guys gonna have to launch at Burrard tommorow if he wants to get out. But who knows McDonald might be opened. They never know from hour to hour normally what goes on there

Pulling into the McDonald ramp early this AM.
Haz spill trucks and equipment there. But no one around. My Vessel goes in the drink and the place REEKS OF DIESEL and it's all over the water, ramp etcetc. Made for a slippery slope with the truck and boat trailer. Must have got in before they shut ER down. Cool!

We headed out straight off the North Arm, noticed some damming or dyking material along a couple spots in travel.

Found 200 feet, put out the rods, triple header in three minutes. To funny! Found the pitching and rolling although not white capping waves annoying .......... Some biggies in the bunches, you had to watch your footing while we had constant action on and off until about 9 I guess. Lost a number, had lots of fun, Finished our limits of 12 by 12:30. Rewarded with beauty fresh Sox. There mostly in great shape, white, green n silver slabs.........beauty's ...... I few marked with Seal bites it appears, a couple getting that pink slimy hew as there swim onward to their origins.

Same as before, all pink red theme, dummy flashers , stacking, 40 to 70 feet action. Some hooked just below the surface while working the Down riggers. Seen the most jumpers this time. 22 to 28 inch leaders, glo head mini hootchies pink to fluorescent red and a few on ol Googly Eye. Which if ya look. You can make easy yourself.

Crappy to hear about the Tug, glad to hear all crew got off safely.......... But yes the area Reeks. Who knows how much is leaking out. We Heard the crane we saw going up the river this morning may be lifting ER up.

Have fun out there.

On a side note...... I look to Fishweather.com for live reports...... It's pretty good

Looks like a gill net opening on Wednesday and Thursday for area 29. Any idea how many commercial boats would be out there?

Subject: FN0786-COMMERCIAL - Salmon: Gill net - Area E - Area 29 - Fraser River Sockeye - Opening August 15

Gill nets open on August 15, 2018 from 06:00 hours to 22:00 hours and on August
16, 2018 from 06:00 hours to 22:00 hours in Subareas 29-11 and 29-13 to 29-17
and portions of Subareas 29-3, 29-4,29-6,29-7,29-9 and 29-10 known as the
Fraser River Mouth. (Note: Subarea 29-12 remains closed at this time due to a
recent spill response incident).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back