2018 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Meanwhile, with respect to fishing....very slow for Springs. Lots of seiners around bringing in sockeye, and if you're in the right spot at the right time, they're there. One boat brought 11 nice sized socks to the cleaning table this afternoon (3 fishers on the boat).
Hi Bruce. It's "the neighbours". We head for TC on Monday for 3 nights. Would love to connect and benefit from your travails so far. I think there's a way to take this off line, but I'm not sure how?

Just back from our annual month stay at Alder Bay. First of all, with respect to the Alder Bay Resort itself, it has changed ownership and it appears that the new owners are very committed to significantly upgrading the facility. They have put a very substantial breakwater outside the docks and have put a temporary main dock in. The entire docking facility will be upgraded next spring. The new breakwater is a huge improvement over the old non-existent one and provides good protection for the boats in the marina. We were very impressed with what's been done so far and the plans for the future. The resort has been going downhill over the past few years, so these changes are very welcome.
Re-the fishing - mediocre at best. While all of the usual areas were producing, there wasn't a lot of consistency - but if you were patient, fish could be had - just not a whole lot of them.

I was just in TC (on the old cannery side) for 1 week with the family and managed to get in a bit of fishing each day. We caught something every time we fished, though mostly smaller springs, with the largest 18lbs. Didn't see a lot of bigger springs at the docks. Lot of really nice wild coho in the 10-15 lb range to release.

Still lots of fish to be had here. Took a crew of 4 up to Fife sound today and got 4 beauty Coho that we can keep there. My other buddy got 4 Springs at Malcolm, teeners but still Springs and 1 Sockeye

Well we're back from 127days at our new campsite at Telegraph Cove that we have named "Anchored Inn"
camp #26.jpg
While fishing was not always red hot , there was definitely some epic days, and more importantly some memorable times and great meals with new and old friends.
30 something at TC.jpg30 something at TC.jpg traceys 20218 big one.jpg
Now the camp is all put to bed for the winter and after being home for a week we are already looking forward to next year.
campsite 26 winter storage.jpeg
See you next year folks. and for the umpteenth time I am sorry for the sideways pics and if someone can explain it to me I will endeavour to get it into this senior brain of mine on how to fix it.

Back