Hds7 issue

i recently came back from a week fishing and was having trouble with my fish finder. It is a lowrance hds7 with a stock 200/83 transducer. It would not find bottom on the 83 frequency and would with the 200 but it struggled past 250 feet. Is this a transducer issue or is there a problem with he unit. I’m thinking transducer but is there anyway to check? Thanks

Im assuming you checked that the transducer didn't get hit and kicked up? Also any cracks or damage to it? Doubt it would be the hds, most likely transducer related.

I have the same set up and was having issues as well. West Marine has the p66 transducer on sale for $119 USD if you are fine with ordering from the states.

Same issue here. I also have lost temperature reading, only had it for one day. Thought I would upgrade but now I'm beginning to wonder

My Lowrance hook 7x wont read past 150 ft. Until then its reads great, on plane etc. 455/800 only. I played with transducer enough and Im taking it back.

Any suggestions on a new one??

My Lowrance hook 7x wont read past 150 ft. Until then its reads great, on plane etc. 455/800 only. I played with transducer enough and Im taking it back.

Any suggestions on a new one??
I thought the hook was more geared towards lake fishing. Maybe get an HDS and a p66 transducer?

Back