Saying Goodbye...

Matt, I am very sorry for your loss! I can honestly say you had one of the greatest looking dogs I have ever seen. The 11 years you had together although too short, will certainly give you enough memories to last a lifetime!
If I may, What is the meaning of the name Asuilu?

So sorry to hear Matt, she sure was a beautiful looking girl. Try and remember all the fun times and not the hurt you are going through at this moment. My girl is in bed with my wife as i type, think i will go give them both a hug.

... What is the meaning of the name Asuilu?

Asuilu is Inuvialuktun (Western Arctic Inuit) for "Probably".
It was a fitting name when we first got her - as a mate for another Wolf Hybrid Companion that wandered shortly afterwards. She was a mix of 1/2 Arctic Wolf (Victoria Island) and 1/4 German Shepherd & 1/4 Lab. Created an absolutely miraculous intelligence and disposition. As for the "Probably" that became a Certainty when she met Amaruq, our 1/2 Timber Wolf (Yukon North Slope) & 1/2 Alaskan Husky (Inuvik). Together they showed how proper parenting works for their 22 little ones, and at times, for their own grandkids too...

We would like to offer our sincere THANKS for the many kind words being offered here.
They truly are appreciated!

And yes, this is a very painful time for all of us.
But as some have noted, we would not have missed all those wonderful times, which are now wonderful memories, for anything.
So, while the pain is real, the history we shared, the love we shared, and the memories we created together are even more real today.

Asuilu has wandered without us.
She leaves behind a world of love, and a world of fine memories.
And we WILL be greeting her again when we too wander across that bridge...

Again, thanks my Friends.
Your support and kind words make the pain a little less sharp today...

Vaya con Dios our most Lovely Lady...

Sadly,
Matt, Linda, Amaruq & Kimmick

My deepest and most sincere condolences. Our first dog was our first ‘child’. Losing him was very, very difficult.

Do I see a reference to ‘Over The Rainbow Bridge’?

Again Thanks Folks.
We have been through this before, but it never gets any easier...
The kind words help, and are appreciated!

Do I see a reference to ‘Over The Rainbow Bridge’?

Yeah. I have always hoped & believed that somehow we might be able to reunite with our Furry Kids when we too wander.
The Scientist side of me balks at the idea.
But my Soul certainly hopes & somehow believes...

A quote from a good Friend this morning:

Fragile Circle

We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own,
live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan.

Irving Townsend, "The Once Again Prince," Separate Lifetimes, 1986

Damn Straight "We Would Live No Other Way"...

Cheers,
Nog

Very sorry to hear, Matt. I teared up on your first post and needed a few days to get it together. We lost ours in October. Wife is finally ready for a new one. As you know, it hurts for a good while. All the best.

My condolences too Matt.

I've shared your feelings.

All the best.

Take care.

Very sorry to hear about your loss. We lost ours in April at 4 1/2 years, taken by lymphoma. They sure do become part of the family. Enjoy the other one and get a young dog as soon as possible. It’s the only way to start the healing process.
Stosh

Back