Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to try for North arm.

Just FYI what people were calling the north arm yesterday was not really the north arm. The pack of boats were out by QA, cowen point in 500-600 feet of water. Saw the massive pack of boats on my way in. Looks like they were fishing around the tide line that sets up when the ebb is way out their.

Just FYI what people were calling the north arm yesterday was not really the north arm. The pack of boats were out by QA, cowen point in 500-600 feet of water. Saw the massive pack of boats on my way in. Looks like they were fishing around the tide line that sets up when the ebb is way out their.
Cool thanks for the heads up. The plan is to stay out deep to avoid the river wash. When I fish North arm I generally fish from QA to about the same distance south of the arm.

I headed out Friday into the mix and was just out of sync no matter where I was...QA, Hump, Gower Point and beyond...then the winds set in Friday afternoon and was on shore Saturday until the late afternoon and gave it a shot off Merry Island...dog fish and small springs that's it. One note; when I was off Camp Byng the water temp just touched 75 F which is great if you want to take a dip...when I gave it a shot yesterday it had dropped to 66.3 in the same spot. Soon as I dropped the first rod bam a beauty spring...followed by a string of dogs. Other boats in that area are still catching springs as well but there seem to be few coho off Robert's Creek / Davis Bay then the week before and I didn't see any sockeye during my tours of the Straits. Out again Friday, keep those reports coming, cheers.

Cool thanks for the heads up. The plan is to stay out deep to avoid the river wash. When I fish North arm I generally fish from QA to about the same distance south of the arm.

Our success yesterday was between the North arm and Iona. There was a good sized armada of boats in the area. There was another fleet further north, closer to the QA. I believe they were having good success as well.

Just got my second sock.
Same same.
Almost didn’t wanna play it and leave the wheel!
Yanked er in and trolling homeward with the last remaining line down

Good luck Raincity
Be safe

Last edited:
fished str8 off north arm from 9:30 to 12 in the slop this morning with 1 1st timer and a rookie. boated 5 socks lost about 8 and a few more hits that didnt stick. decent action in about 3-400 ft of water 77 on the riggers usual sockeye set up. at the pub now lol

How long do you guys run your dummies? I tied mine all up at 48". I just can't understand my lack of success out here. Something is wrong with what I'm doing. Like I'm talking 2 hits total in 4 trips and over 30 hours of fishing.

How long do you guys run your dummies? I tied mine all up at 48". I just can't understand my lack of success out here. Something is wrong with what I'm doing. Like I'm talking 2 hits total in 4 trips and over 30 hours of fishing.
I do 6 ft back from cannon ball. Up 6 another at 6 ft out 8 ft. Up and line to flasher and hootchie from downrigger clip is 8 ft. Try to keep the 3 flashers close. Repeat other side. Try green on one side and red on the other and adjust to most hits. Add 2 more rods if your not busy enough. Depth varies as per reports show. 25ft. To 80 ft.

We took 8 socks at sandheads yesterday and lost maybe another 12. We had the dummy's in tight at 4ft and I found putting the rod flash real close to clip was the trick. Did you pull some of the dangly bits of the hootchie? We got most hits on a hootchie that had 4 dangly bits left on it. All fish came at 56 ft on the riggers and anywhere from 100 to 700 ft of water. I was also running a Kone Zone flash on one side which also produced a lot of hits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back