2018 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

10 mile in the morning not that productive moved to the flats at noon. 1 shaker by the chains and that was it filled up at oakbay and headed home thru the zoo of american boata heading home.

anyone having any luck in Oakbay? friend had luck around the flag pole downtown today he got 2 in the teens. And there is a zoo of boats in downtown so who isn't posting :)

I went out to test my motor as I had an issue last time out at Beechy.launched 3;30 Fleming motor ran perfect went to Albert head marked a bit but nothing would bite rolled up went to Brochie and was rewarded with an 8 lb red male wild chinook. Made a couple more loops but lock jaw set in. My buddy Lucky Pat got one on his licence.

Last couple of weeks in Oak Bay have been great. 25, 23, 17, 14, 12, 10, 10, 10 and 8 lbs. Glad the fishing is so good and close. hopefully the sockeye should up soon and stays open. They should be in the Oak Bay area this week. Not sure where they are but they will be there some where. Hopefully it stays open as usually by the time they get here DFO closes it.

Last couple of weeks in Oak Bay have been great. 25, 23, 17, 14, 12, 10, 10, 10 and 8 lbs. Glad the fishing is so good and close. hopefully the sockeye should up soon and stays open. They should be in the Oak Bay area this week. Not sure where they are but they will be there some where. Hopefully it stays open as usually by the time they get here DFO closes it.

nice work!! on the flats? I have been out twice around brotchie and it has been slow for me :(

Well I guess all I had to do was complain on the Internet. Just booked a nice 10lb spring on the flats :) see if I can get another...
If complaining on the internet got me fish, I’d have many, many tyees.
Have I mentioned I’ve never had a tyee?
;)
Ps congrats on the 10 pounder

Same here all i had to do was moan lol. Got a 10lb on the dot tonight and a quilly hazy to no tomorrow though.

The sockeye are here! I got into a good bite this morning out on the tide lines towards Constance. I sure need some practice with solo netting these spinning devils....they sure go crazy at the boat. Went 3 for 7 and found a bonus 14lb chinook (which was way easier to net!) for a limit by 9am. Also, 3" pink sandlance out fished the pink squirt 5-2 for sox but the squirt did get the chinook. Go figure. Both 18" leaders. Fish were 60-75 on riggers. Get out there before they are gone...could be another 8 years!

Back