CDI for a Honda 90 4 stroke

NAD

My CDI may have kicked the bucket on the weekend. Lost all power well under power, now has no spark. We believe we have it down to either the CDI or the speed sensors. We have checked the emergency kill switch and it seems to be working fine. Does anyone have any experience testing a CDI? Would like to know for sure before I purchase a new one. Any tips or suggestions would be great. Thanks

If it were me I'd probly bite the bullet and take it to a reputable Honda outboard mechanic to confirm prior to spending any money on any new parts.

Reactions: NAD
My CDI may have kicked the bucket on the weekend. Lost all power well under power, now has no spark. We believe we have it down to either the CDI or the speed sensors. We have checked the emergency kill switch and it seems to be working fine. Does anyone have any experience testing a CDI? Would like to know for sure before I purchase a new one. Any tips or suggestions would be great. Thanks
Have a look at this video but you will need a DVA and a good quality multimeter.

Reactions: NAD
Back