Towing a boat wider then 8'6"

NDT

hey guys,

I was wonder how many people have boats say 9 1/2' to 10' wide that tow regularly. Looking at the rules of the road, 10'9" is maximum with out a pilot.

Do you need a wide load permit?
From what I can find, you need a load load banner across the rear and front of the truck/boat. Does that sound correct?

Any knowledge shared would be much appreciated.

You need a wide load permit. It gets added to your insurance. Around 420 bucks annually if I recall.

Can you get a yearly wide load permit or do you have to get a new permit every time you move the boat?

get it only when you move the boat,, you only need red flags at the widest point and back corners, no wide load sign... last time i got one it was 30 bucks for 24hrs.?

wide load permit, 30 bucks a month, (phone in and print) red flags on each corner, No wide load banners required. (for 9'6" anyways) As others have mentioned...
I also put a red flag at the farthest point at the back of the boat since the boat overhangs the back of the trailer by the legal amount....
Make sure you have a heavy trailer license (endorsement) or better if hauling a heavy boat. ... or your learners and someone in the truck that does.

Back