XD 100 pricing ?!

RiverBoy

In Campbell River ( as far as i know anyway ) the only place to buy XD 100 for my E-tec is at Bill Howich where they are charging over $60 for a gallon. this seems insanely expensive to me. online searches basically yields nothing. The guy i bought my boat from sez at his home store you save about $10 if you bring in your old jug and they refill from a larger barrel. I mentioned this to the rep at Bill Howich and he basically scoffed at me, stating the legal ramifications are too risky leaving them to be sued( dirty oil jugs etc... I actually kinda get that ) Anyone else finding it for cheaper than $60 per gallon?

I USE AMSOIL THAT I BUY AT BUMPER TO BUMPER. WAY CHEAPER AND IS THE SAME QUALITY. BEEN USING IT FOR 6 YEARS AND 600 HOURS. O PROBLEMS.

Tohatsu full synthetic is the exact same as XD100 and is cheaper. Tohatsu semi synthetic is XD50

if he has an etec that is programed for the xd 100 and his motor is still under warranty then it is probably not a good idea to switch to another oil, regardless of specs.

My Tohatsu Rep told me if I’m in a pinch for tohatsu oil,to run XD100 and my warranty won’t be effected. He said they would never know unless I told him. I do agree with the statement about warranty. I wouldn’t do anything to help Evinrude deny a warranty claim, they do that just fine on their own.

if he has an etec that is programed for the xd 100 and his motor is still under warranty then it is probably not a good idea to switch to another oil, regardless of specs.

Warranty is long past. And the E-etc is programmed for xd 100. im just looking for cheaper prices than $60 per gallon. Parker in Nanaimo $42 that’s a lot easier to stomach thanks for the info guys!

Tohatsu full synthetic is the exact same as XD100 and is cheaper. Tohatsu semi synthetic is XD50
My understanding is you also need to retweek your ETek computer to squirt XD50 rather than XD100 - but is a simple fix if you know how....

XD100 price increase last year. If you buy it in cases you get afew bucks off.
Get the comp flashed for tcw and then run XD100. tho way when in a jam you can run anything, when using XD it will over oil slightly, but that's not a bad thing especially if your working it

No mines a G2 and they dont get programmed according to PY marine in port alberni. The gen 1s had to be programmed for either xd100 or xd50. I'm still researching but so far the amsoil looks good to go.

i realize this thread is old but today i paid 205$ after tax for 3 jugs of xd100. anybody got a line on a better price? can't find anything cheaper online either..

is anybody using another oil at 100:1 with success? my warranty is long over

Ya I paid 65 a gallon xd100 at a dealer in calgary.

My motor is set for xd100 first gen etec.

I saw a guy at the marina using the Canadian tire stuff, he wasn't sure what his motor was set to but he said he's been using it since you got the motor.

I had to buy a quart of ordinary TCW at Secret Cove Marina gas dock last week, it was $18 plus tax! XD100 by the gallon works out cheaper!

How do you find out what oil your engine is set for? I just bought a G1 200 Ho with 50 hrs on it and want to make sure I use the right oil.

Back