Status
Not open for further replies.
X2 I m thinkin I better take a week off now. See ya out there soon guys! Try not to laugh I've never fished sox lol.

Are there any commercial opennings for the next few days? Hard to find out from the notices on the DFO website.

I doubt you would see a seine boat in front of the Fraser this early in the run.
Trollers are probably open but they don't affect the action.
and river gill nets, other then a maze to get to the fishing grounds, they will have little affect.

Are there any commercial opennings for the next few days? Hard to find out from the notices on the DFO website.
I agree with Canso comment above , not to worry , lots of fish and if your are running out the south arm like i did yesterday it was a easy maze to navigate , just keep your head head moving and you'll find the way out ......The commies have very little effect on us until the Seiners are sent out .... Then its pretty much over

My thoughts too. Photos of that poor orca carrying her dead starved calf are all over the place and then bon chovy posts this. Very poor PR move.

They are obviously are trying to promote their business but this photo wasn’t a very bright idea, whether it has anything to do with the SRKW diet or it. The political world is manipulative. We don’t want this on the CBC and DFO to shut this all down. The guiding industry better get wise, soon.

Report - friends were out fishing off sand heads today. Hooked 4, landed 3. 400’ feet of water. Pretty slow for 6 hours of fishing. Trying again at first light and will report.

I could not disagree more. Did you check out the fish in that pic?

Those are all hatchery Coho. CLONES caught with rod and reel by real paying live anglers.
I know who, when and where those fish were caught that day. It's not from 4 years ago. The "bite" for them has since subsided somewhat.

So....greedy eh? Absolutely nothing greedy about a good bite for paying guests on HATCHERY coho? Yes, nothing greedy.
Is it greedy when shopping carts and massive treble hooks wrapped with pencil lead jag them out of the estuary and river? No. Not according to the law or regulations.
These fish were taken by sport methods by some people who never caught a salmon before. Is that greedy? No.
Is it greedy when tens of thousands of rods floss the Fraser for Sox off the bars? Did you see what it was like on the Fraser this past Tuesday? No. Not greedy.
Is it greedy when you go out and catch limits for all on board and you had a great day? No. Not greedy.
Or is only greedy when guides didn't tell you where they were catching them and call you over on 88A? Yes, according to many on this forum, yes.
If I post pics from 2010 from the Sockeye run of the century with me standing on the dock having guided 12 guests into limits of 4 sockeye each....a row of 48 sockeye...is that good or should I post no pics of great fishing? Is that greedy? No...not at all.
Is greedy taking advantage of snagging at the meat hole or Keith Wilson Bridge? Is it greedy showing up and catching and releasing all day in the slot off Peg Leg? No...not according to most.
Is it greedy when someone outfishes you? No. Nothing wrong with that.
Is it greedy when someone takes all the risk running a business? No.
Is it greedy fishing (stealing) a fishing which could be an Orcas lunch....a starving ill one too? Yes and No depending on who you talk to.
Is it greedy when people catch a ton of fish and sell them roadside then dump them in the ditch? Yes. Yes it is.

Nothing greedy about that pic and the guides who guided those fish or the business.

Being in business is not greed and showing success of your services is not greed---it's a fishing report. In 5-7 days everyone who knows anything about sockeye fishing will be able to tub their boat out at will off the Fraser....blindfolded. I'll be out there doing just that....tubbing out the boat on Sox for a couple of weeks straight . That doesn't make me greedy so I can eat fish all winter and through 2019. Does that make us all greedy? Yes, yes it does by the original posters opinion.

MY GOD MAN!!!

The big picture is the simple fact that more springs are being caught locally here the last three years than I have seen in last 30 years and there is proof in our catch cards and dfo and others are lying about the math

False. Define locally? Chinook fishing SUCKS off the Fraser right now and Area 28 and 29 are barren for Chinooks as of yesterday. Lying about the math? My god man...who the heck are you talking to? I talked to a creel surveyor yesterday and a bunch of my guide friends...it's slow as molasses for Chinook locally... and has been for weeks. The only people getting Chinooks right now are running FAR...clear across the straight for WEEKS.

Every one has an opinion and it shouldnt be pushed on anyone else period is how i see it. Like it or not Nothing illegal or wrong with that pic. This is why the reports section gets so few reports at times. Why post something if someone is going to throw **** at them. You dont like it move on 10 people behind you will. Its a reports thread everyone welcome. Fishing is as bad as hunting with so many people hating on each other!

Back to the fishing reports please!!! Sunday is my day on the water!!

I'm not out but a friend of mine is , water is calm , guy beside him was landing a fish. He had just dropped his lines . He just called me 10 minutes ago .
Trying to decide to go or not ???????

Any idea where I could buy some Kone Zone flashers in Vancouver? I looked on their website and they are charging $25 for flat rate shipping. :eek:

No kiddin’
Looked it up on the Berry’s site and they are almost double what I paid 3 years ago. $75 + shipping!!

I think I’ll stick to what I have and use regular dummies on the other side...

Pretty sure the kone zone was designed to mimic a bait fish school where as the dummie flasher imitates another salmon to attract schooling salmon. Just something to think about. The expensive kone zone may not be as affective, that being said I run kone zones cause I have them and they are easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back