Shore fishing in Ucluelet

Gian

Hi,
I'll be in Ucluelet next week with family and I'm trying to find some information on shore fishing. We have a charter trip booked and we are very excited for it but my little nephew is too small to come on the boat. Any easy to access beach around there where he can try to hook some fish?
Thanks,
Gian

Hi,
I'll be in Ucluelet next week with family and I'm trying to find some information on shore fishing. We have a charter trip booked and we are very excited for it but my little nephew is too small to come on the boat. Any easy to access beach around there where he can try to hook some fish?
Thanks,
Gian
Government dock has lots of mackerel that need to b killed and are a blast to catch

Saw lots of people fishing off the dock yesterday. I’ll ask around tomorrow if I see anyone and see what they are throwing out there

Used to catch perch for lingcod bait around there. Baby Crabs on a small hook

Thanks those should be lots of fun. Feathers on a light gear or small spoons should work with those buggers?
Mackerel are voracious predators, that will attack almost anything tossed their way. Flashy flies, small spoons or spinners, bait, anything. 3 wt. fly rod, ultra light spinning rod. Fish-a-cast giggly fun for kids (and adults, too).

Thank you for all the information my nephew is going to have fun with some spoons and I guess I'll have to bring my fly rod too :D.

Thank you for all the information my nephew is going to have fun with some spoons and I guess I'll have to bring my fly rod too :D.

Can you let us know how it goes im planning a 1 week trip their next summer and would like to know what the kids can get into around the docks.

Hi Guys, looking to head up to Uculet for mackerel this Summer. Anyone know a good time and good bait to use and where abouts I should go on shore to catch a bunch of mackerel? Thank you!

Hi Guys, looking to head up to Uculet for mackerel this Summer. Anyone know a good time and good bait to use and where abouts I should go on shore to catch a bunch of mackerel? Thank you!

You just gotta wait and and see when they arrive. El Nino year and all, you won't know until people start seeing/catching them.

Worth trying for surf perch from the beaches. Red tail and silver surf perch. They are in very shallow water. Hip to knee deep. All of the surf beaches are worth a try. Late summer aal the females have live young in their bellies. Give live berth . Make sure to release them. Casting close to rocks works ell where sand meets rock. Often within a few feet from the rocks. Great baits are Berkley saltwater sand worm. 2 inch size in camo color. Can often catch 2 at a time. Photo of a friend and daughter also reeling one in. Cox bay beach north end of rocks. South cox bay plenty silver surf peach Remember shallow. Real shallow. Good eating as well

Attachments

• IMG_9561.jpeg
    IMG_9561.jpeg
    332 KB · Views: 47
Many years ago, I fished them in front of what is now the Wickaninnish Museum at the South end of Long Beach on low tide. There’s a deep area there out by the rocks which used to be a great crabbing spot also.

Back