stolen downriggers from port renfrew and sooke

Quinn

my wife just showed me a pic of a guy stealing downriggers from a boat in port Renfrew on july 31st. (see photo)

Subsequently, On august 3rd, a set of downriggers were stolen from a guys boat at Park Isle Marine , on your way to Port Renfrew.

We (Pearson Marine) had a kicker stolen from the same location less than 30 days ago. It was a 2012 Yamaha 9.9 with a very specific problem...the tilt trim casting was cracked below the fuel hook up and will require very special cast aluminum welding.

Also, last week one of our customers had a set of downriggers stolen from Mariners village marina in Sooke.

If anyone finds out who the guy is in that facebook photo making the rounds online, please contact me at 250-588-4111 . I want to talk to him. Im willing to bet all of these thefts are related.

Attachments

• downrigger_thief.jpg
    downrigger_thief.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 325
49EFF31A-0445-480B-804D-EB41453EB3F8.jpeg

Say cheese!

Wow that’s a really good pic. I was expecting a blurry night time pic of a guy in a black hoodie with jeans.
Has that pic been sent to the police? I’m going to be judgemental and guess that he’s been known to them a time or two!

For such a small place, lotta theft in PR. I won't go back after they tried to unbolt my kicker a few years back at the Gov Wharf. Showed up at 0500 to find my cables disconnected and bolts half undone. I guess I came down to dock too early or something else spooked them. Probably the same douche.

was wondering how long it wold take for this picture to show up elsewhere.

There's been some DR thefts in the PQB too. They're a good score for a thief, can easily sell a used scotty on Craigslist. Always be cautious buying used gear.

Our only hope is this skag ODs on fentanyl. Though we all want them to be gibbeted.

I was fishing in Port Renfrew last weekend, and there was talk about this guy around the office. One of the guys found him on facebook. Said he lived in Lake Cowichan, and was originally from Courtenay. I can't remember a name though.

Guys, I know that it seems like a pain, but register your Scotty products with Scotty. They have been instrumental in helping return many DRs to their original owners, and in providing evidence that helps get these douche nozzles convicted.

For such a small place, lotta theft in PR. I won't go back after they tried to unbolt my kicker a few years back at the Gov Wharf. Showed up at 0500 to find my cables disconnected and bolts half undone. I guess I came down to dock too early or something else spooked them. Probably the same douche.

Gotta say I’ve stayed at the FN campground in Renfrew for two week stretches at least five time. I pay for a slip at butchs wharf and never had anything go missing. Matter of fact one time I went down to check and my boat had been untied and moved to the inside. When I asked about it I was told it was easier for him to keep an eye on it. Just my experience.

boogieman , if you can find out what the guys face book profile is, I would be very grateful. I want to make sure this guy cant pick his nose ever again.

NEW UPDATE !!!!

I just came from the boats we sell, I needed a part after dinner. Saw a guy at the shipyard staggering around yelling to himself, wielding an axe. Yes an axe!
called the cops, they came and took him away. then I started talking with the cop about the recent theft for us and out in Renfrew. Turns out the Renfrew case is his and they identified the guy and have a warrant out for his arrest. He lives in naniamo and they figure he was making the rounds in sooke and Renfrew . hopefully he gets nabbed and some items come back.

The cop had a good point. He said get the wildlife cameras, but get two and point them at each other so they protect one another. I guess the Renfrew guy saw one camera and disabled it, but he didn't see the other. SMILE! that's a clever trick.

He lives in naniamo and they figure he was making the rounds in sooke and Renfrew

Nanaimo eh? I bet he's related to the DR thefts in the PQB area then. If he's wanted, then it should be okay for the police to release his name.

Back