Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the reports! I m taking a week off work any day now. Plan to fish at least 3 to 4 days. Will report. Going crazy waiting for my turn at sox!

I have been mid Georgia Straits the past 18 days or so and it has been very good. Lots of coho moving around, beautiful red mid teens springs, the fish are coming down. Haven't seen any sockeye but I am primarily around Malispina Straits, Texada and Secret Cove. Bait is boiling up in Davis Bay for the Coho and it was very strong fishing around Camp Byng. Gear was producing with pink & white hoochies as well as the tofino turd, anchovies as well. Most fish had very small bait fish inside, 90' was the best depth no matter where we were. Might need to burn some fuel still to get out of the local areas, back in town now but heading back that way Friday, good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Fished the bell this morning from 8:30am-noon. It was very quiet there and only had one hit that didn't stick. Didn't see any other nets out.

weather report off north arm or sandheads anyone? I may be with some fair weather boaters this afternoon and see that it's supposed to pick up later this evening.

Very quiet off sandheads yesterday during a quick sockeye fish from 6-7:30pm. Not a sniff for me during that time and didn't see a net out where I was fishing. Marking a few decent schools on the sonar but no takers. Seems to be a few pulses of sockeye coming through at this point but it should turn on in a major way in the days/weeks ahead! The next tide could be the one ;)

With the Frazer river being so warm those millions of sockeye will circle out there...everyone will limit out early soon..keep your boat ready!

Fished from 830-1430 and we went 2 for 4 on pink mini on plane green flashers in about 300' of water down about 40 and 60 feet, on a fast troll (had a daisy chain and a home made daisy chain down)
Fished out from the South Arm. Didn't really see a lot of bait balls when the Socks hit but they are really nice Socks size wize.Was going to post pic but this sites limitation makes it to tough for a old fart like me to bother doing.
GO GET'EM BOYS !

Fished from 830-1430 and we went 2 for 4 on pink mini on plane green flashers in about 300' of water down about 40 and 60 feet, on a fast troll (had a daisy chain and a home made daisy chain down)
Fished out from the South Arm. Didn't really see a lot of bait balls when the Socks hit but they are really nice Socks size wize.Was going to post pic but this sites limitation makes it to tough for a old fart like me to bother doing.
GO GET'EM BOYS !

Hey old fart.....:):)

Click "upload a file" while posting....and you get this .

Screenshot_20180807-194205.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back