2018 Sidney Reports

Hi coming Sidney way on Friday . am I right? 2 springs hatch or wild 62cm to 85cm and coho hatch only over 30cm?
Would powder warf and Sidney spit be the best places?
Thanks Tom

View attachment 39261 View attachment 39260
So, guess who doesn’t suck at fishing anymore?!

I removed the stinky, stinky skunk from the boat with a couple of Chinook this morning at Fairfax. Limited out by 08:00! 60-90’ in 100-140’
8-10lbs were kept. Let a bunch of unders go and a doggie. Also had a pin popper that didn’t stick.
Finished up with 4 crab from Roberts bay.
I’m probably the greatest fisherman you ever knew.
I’d like to thank god, my parents and those who believed in me.
Happy anniversary to my wife today. I hope 8 years is the fish gift!
Stizzla out.

Well done!

Thank you sir, that means a lot! I have lot of respect for you. You’re truly one of the good ones.

Hi coming Sidney way on Friday . am I right? 2 springs hatch or wild 62cm to 85cm and coho hatch only over 30cm?
Thanks Tom
Yep those would be pretty much the only options, except you could venture a little ways from the spit towards the south of coal or around to Hamley point. U jigging or trolling?

Thanks Stizzla
I have enjoyed following your fishing adventures and was so pleased that you had great success.
I look forward to meeting you . Friday I will be in my friends boat and I not sure what it’s like but if you see a chubby old bald guy with a mustash waving that will be me . We will be trolling . Probably spoons like in your picture
Tom

Thanks Tom
There is no longer a maximum of 85cm in sidney. That expired on July 31st. So any springs over 62 are good to go. Powder wharf, spit and Hamley are the areas that we are pretty much left with out this way right now for springs.

There is no longer a maximum of 85cm in sidney. That expired on July 31st. So any springs over 62 are good to go. Powder wharf, spit and Hamley are the areas that we are pretty much left with out this way right now for springs.
Thanks NAD I find the regulations very confusing but I don’t think I am alone

Hey Tom
How did you make out in Sidney to-day
We had a great day weather was very pleasant we put the crab traps at the spit then trolled to the powder wharf just one pin pop ,70 feet on the rigger in 95 feet anchovy,which Graham played for a while before a long line release. 3 keeper Dunganes and a few rock crab for a two hour soak so much better than Willows.
Nootkasounder where is Hambley? Did you get any more?

He’s on fire!!!
Sidney’s bipolar fisherman, the Worst/best, was at it again.. after a few hours of absolutely nothing, we had a nice hit in 85’ set to 77’ a little ways past the powder wharf.
I set the hook and handed her off to my friend Riley, who deserved this beauty salmon. It’s the first one that he’s had since he was a kid, 25 years ago! He was the one who got me back into fishing a few years back on the lakes.

Wild female marble. 12.5 lbs caught on this combo. The flasher was originals idea. He texted me to put it on and got it 10 minutes after!

I will likely become a guide soon and change my name to ProStizzlaWolf.1AB01196-6358-4413-A561-F06D827B1E63.jpeg 9215E989-30A1-4814-9F2D-9366ACC7C569.png

Last edited:
Quick fish from 1 - 3 off of Coal. About 5 boats out trolling and mooching. Not too much action. No birds, not much bait. Saw one net out. No luck for me.

He’s on fire!!!
Sidney’s bipolar fisherman, the Worst/best, was at it again.. after a few hours of absolutely nothing, we had a nice hit in 85’ set to 77’ a little ways past the powder wharf.
I set the hook and handed her off to my friend Riley, who deserved this beauty salmon. It’s the first one that he’s had since he was a kid, 25 years ago! He was the one who got me back into fishing a few years back on the lakes.

Wild female marble. 12.5 lbs caught on this combo. The flasher was originals idea. He texted me to put it on and got it 10 minutes after!

I will likely become a guide soon and change my name to ProStizzlaWolf.View attachment 39446 View attachment 39445
Nice work. Gotta love the Betsy Plaid or just the whole Betsy line. they get a lot of time on my boat!

Nice work. Gotta love the Betsy Plaid or just the whole Betsy line. they get a lot of time on my boat!
You Betsy they’re good!:rolleyes:
Definitely a summer favourite. I also like the derby winner.
I lost my trusty gold Betsy, and have been striking out at stores like Trotac, island outfitters, home hardware, capital iron etc. Anyone have an extra they want to sell?

Anyone try for Sockeye yet around these parts? Or is it just my wishful thinking?

Wishful thinking the only one where its decent is Pender Bluffs and its closed for finfish. Not any options except going to another area. Closest to you is Sooke area.

Wishful thinking the only one where its decent is Pender Bluffs and its closed for finfish. Not any options except going to another area. Closest to you is Sooke area.
I agree that PB has been the go to spot, but they have to transit Haro Strait to get there. Wonder if they run past the backside of Sidney Island or stay on the American side? Worth keeping an eye out.

I agree that PB has been the go to spot, but they have to transit Haro Strait to get there. Wonder if they run past the backside of Sidney Island or stay on the American side? Worth keeping an eye out.

Maybe they cut through there then usually stack against Pender. You just have to find an area where you guys can go.

Back