Status
Not open for further replies.
Man....hearing about all these springs being caught on Sock gear makes you think maybe sock gear is better than we thought for those bad boys...

4 more sockeye with the spring. Sandheads is on fire, nets out everywhere.
Fished 7-11 bell and QA. Two dogs. For some dumb reason shot over to McCall Bank "area" (not in the RCA), fished until 1:30. Nada. Another big skunk for Rain City. I need to shower off this stench. Nice work to the guys that made the right call.

Fished 7-11 bell and QA. Two dogs. For some dumb reason shot over to McCall Bank "area" (not in the RCA), fished until 1:30. Nada. Another big skunk for Rain City. I need to shower off this stench. Nice work to the guys that made the right call.

If it makes you feel any better, I got the skunk yesterday 8-12 north arm to T10. Lots of fish on the sounder unless they were all dogs cuz we got three of them!
But I have an excuse. In my haste to pack snacks for the trip I threw in a needing-to-be-eaten-banana! I swear. Totally not thinking. It never did get eaten. But you might wanna check if your mechanics left a peel somewhere you can’t see it! They might’ve even just eaten one and smeared some banana slime somewhere. Wash it it down man!

I just dropped at sandheads 10 mins ago. Doesn't seem like a bite on at the moment. Probably 30 boats and I haven't seen a net out yet. Will report back if a bite turns on.

Ok at the risk of displaying a damaged ego I have gone out three days in the past five and have come up empty. It’s likely my ability but I am using all the right gear, in the right place, at the right depth blah blah blah. I saw so many schools on the sonar but it made no difference. I just don’t think they are biting yet. I’m sure others have done better!

Last edited:
FWIW-English Bay is alive with tiny tiny baitfish 1-3 centimetres long.

I don't know what they are Herring or Anchovy but the only thing you could drag to imitate them would be a bare black hook.

Finished the day with 6 sox one spring. Blew up my $200 Technium river rod popping it out of the clip in the excitement. Only fish I lost all day :rolleyes: Anyone know where to get a shimano rod fixed?
First light in Burnaby can fix it but it might not be worth it

Fished west van from 12-5 Marked tons of bait between the flats and the fisheries but no takers. Total skunk. That place is like a desert these days. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back