Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0573.JPG IMG_0570.JPG Hit Thrasher today and we were rewarded with a 15 lb spring and a keeper hatch coho. Had about 20 fish on all together ......... I'd say 10 coho and 10 springs with five of the ten coho being keeper size but had to go back in as they were wild and the others were little guys, just the one hatch of keeper size. Of the 10 springs ......... only the 15 pounder made the size limit. Fun day, plenty of action and a nice reward too. Worked the marker in about 70 ft of water with the riggers set at 55 ft and 35 ft.

I Chinook today... But nice to get out for a few hours.

Watched a boat get caught up in a string of 2 crab traps. Of course, no sinking line, no weights on the poly rope and no weight on the trap itself. Looks like the traps have been in the water for a few some time as from our vantage point, the names on floats were almost illegible due to crud buildup.

Seems like every 3-4 times we go out, ghost traps are seen which always lead to the suspicion that the refrain of "my traps were stolen" is a misnomer at best. Too many people don't know how to properly setup their traps to keep them from drifting - often for miles.

Sextuple header, oh my.
You know it's funny, that's what we both thought and it turned out to be the biggest skunk I've ever had. Terrible, terrible day on the water. I'm not gunna sugar coat it. Didn't have a single real hit in 8 hours of hard fishing. Saw some guys get into some fish at sandheads but something about the crazy setup of mine just wasn't working.

Oh and who was that who shouted "Rain City" at me? Just so I can put a fake name to a real face :)
Hope you guys did better than we did.

You know it's funny, that's what we both thought and it turned out to be the biggest skunk I've ever had. Terrible, terrible day on the water. I'm not gunna sugar coat it. Didn't have a single real hit in 8 hours of hard fishing. Saw some guys get into some fish at sandheads but something about the crazy setup of mine just wasn't working.

Oh and who was that who shouted "Rain City" at me? Just so I can put a fake name to a real face :)
Hope you guys did better than we did.
that was me LOL, one in the box, not long after we saw you

Did troll along the mile markers to the bell and then trolled across the harbour to QB and on to the cap. No hits. Ran spring coho set ups, hootchy in three and herring on one.

7 hours an the water............fished in and around Bell Buoy to North Arm area 4 rods in....... nada .......not a sniff other than a foul hooked doggy and a large 9 inch herring that bit a pink hootchie........skunked.......big time

Long day on the water today...not a lot to show for ten hours trolling.

One sockeye between QA and t10. One hatch coho right at days end at the cap mouth. Topped it off with a consolation of a little over 200 prawns.

Looking forward to this thread as our Sox opportunities hopefully continue, and get comparable to 2014 or ........ The epic miscue of 2010 of 29 Million....... Also our chances at some goodin Smilies and Ho 's will continue to get better too.

OK we were out too. Lol. Not my best day of Soxing it. Didnt hit the daylight bite as some said it was good. Fished Sandheads to T 10. Started at 8 fished 9 long hours waiting for the tide at the ramp. Hit three Sox....... Killed one........ As they say one better than none. Didnt see those huge schools on the sounder yet. Only saw two jumpers traveling to the ramp. Hit our fish at 70 to 95 feet. Pink mini hooch glo head with black hooks . one on a googly eye..... One have one of those and haha it worked. Talked to a couple boats that had 3&4 but started really early.
Sounds like its building hopefully for us a to have more fun with shares with friends and family on some of them wonderfully eating crappy fighting lol Sox.
Have fun out there.

So I trolled from PA to Ambleside and got that one hatchery like I said earlier but just as we were getting ready to pull up the gear and drop off the uncle, DFO boat comes over and boards to check our licenses and hooks. All is good including the fish in the box but then we start talking about limits and he heard me explain to my son that we can only keep two coho each but could catch two of another species like one spring and one sockeye. The DFO guy says “but you can’t keep sockeye, they aren’t open till August 8th”! I said nope. If that’s true then you can go and bust a bunch of guys off the Fraser mouth right now! (Although I guess not that many with fish by the sounds of it) I told him about how guys on this forum were just recently laughing about how behind the DFO fishing app was. I even showed him that post. Then I showed him the post with the link to the DFO notice of sockeye opening on the 1st. He said “well I guess you’re right” and didn’t even seem that embarrassed. Just says “Well ya learn something new everyday”
Then they flew over to you guys at the Fraser I think! Lol. Did you see them?

I sure hope the whole department isn’t as clued out as that! Pretty funny but crazy ridiculous.

Anyway, we trolled back towards PA and manage to hook another on a purple haze hootch (50feet) but lost it at the boat.
We picked up and burned over to the Bell and tried out some of the sockeye stuff for the heck of it for about 15 minutes then burned to the fireworks for dinner and the show. First time for the Killeraye. Cool experience. Now in False creek. Gonna try to do a little better with the sox in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back