Conservation Measures for Northern and Southern BC Chinook Salmon and Southern Resident Killer Whale

U will know when it all starts.....
Another month has passed... Still waiting to find out what it is and when it will start. Any more news? Now would be a great time. Seems like summer fishing has been hit very hard. Also noticed that whale watchers seem to be doing very well.

Another month has passed... Still waiting to find out what it is and when it will start. Any more news? Now would be a great time. Seems like summer fishing has been hit very hard. Also noticed that whale watchers seem to be doing very well.
Have watched several whale watching boats roaring up and down Stuart Channel over the past week. Also watched a convoy of > 20 boats at least 4 of which were whale watchers all congregating around a small pod in Stuart Channel. Anyone wonders why the whales are starving, they never get any rest from the whale watching boats........

Have watched several whale watching boats roaring up and down Stuart Channel over the past week. Also watched a convoy of > 20 boats at least 4 of which were whale watchers all congregating around a small pod in Stuart Channel. Anyone wonders why the whales are starving, they never get any rest from the whale watching boats........
I couldn’t agree more. I didn’t realize how intrusive it is until I fished sooke last week and saw the size and power of their boats. 60’ boats throwing 30’ high wakes are better then 9.9 trolling?

Go fishing ...enjoy some pretty good fishing that is available this summer...the rest will start in due time...

Funny i have not seen the whales in the closed zone in front of our place in Jordan River, they are all hanging in Sooke where all the boat traffic and noise is. Maybe they aren't bothered by it, show me the proof that says they are, seems like an assumption :(

Back