2018 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Anchored for Hali in the am no luck got 2 teen springs back side of Malcom in 2 hours seems to be fish around gonna try again for salmon tomorrow morning.

Picked up a nice coho (lost 2 others) in Mitchell Bay yesterday afternoon. Very nice conditions after the 2 days of strong winds.

Fished today at Hardy, and all the Sund's Lodge (Sointula) boats were here. Guess it must be slow in McNeill.

At TC from Monday fishing has been slow. Some smaller springs (10-15 lb) caught, few coho and pinks showed up at lizard yesterday. Wish fishing was better but still so enjoyable on the water watching orcas, humpbacks and sea lions putting on a show. Not in the water this morning due to fog

Thanks for the updates!! Well maybe when I hit the water Monday they will have come down around Malcolm.

Hey guys just checking in to see how fishing going. We will be leaving Wyoming next week so it's getting close. I see Sockeye opened so that is good. Any tackle tips would be appreciated. Good luck to all and be safe.

Rodgers fishing lodge just called their guests telling them their season is cancelled. Gave some guests as little as 5 days notice. Second year in a row of that no?

Rodgers fishing lodge just called their guests telling them their season is cancelled. Gave some guests as little as 5 days notice. Second year in a row of that no?
Do they operate out of Pt. McNeill or Telegraph? I thought they were on the west side and a resort in Gowland Harbour. Either way, not a good sign for them.

p.s... if you are transitting Johnstone Str.... don't just travel... fish it! Ling dinner ... pick points and drop a heavy twister jig... white grub works for me

Fishing of late has not been stellar but still fish coming in every day. We've managed a couple most days and the odd one into the 20's. Telegraphs Derby was won by a nice Tyee.

Do they operate out of Pt. McNeill or Telegraph? I thought they were on the west side and a resort in Gowland Harbour. Either way, not a good sign for them.
West side and I’ve been contacted by several guests that had been cancelled by them
What a disaster!!

West side and I’ve been contacted by several guests that had been cancelled by them
What a disaster!!

They were operating out of CR early in the season; driving around like total dicks cutting people off and blasting by people trolling like twenty feet off their bow. Haven’t seen them around in a while

They were operating out of CR early in the season; driving around like total dicks cutting people off and blasting by people trolling like twenty feet off their bow. Haven’t seen them around in a while
The charter guides were operating out of CR but the lodge was just offering self guided moorage and lodging. Which of these two options is cancelling? A member here named Twinstrike was operating the lodge for Doug Rodgers. There are some members who went to the lodge in early July and had a great time.

Not good at all! We were out early July and ran into one of their boats that ran out of fuel by the end of Swanson! Couldn’t radio for help or nothing! Operation looks like a **** show to me!

Meanwhile, with respect to fishing....very slow for Springs. Lots of seiners around bringing in sockeye, and if you're in the right spot at the right time, they're there. One boat brought 11 nice sized socks to the cleaning table this afternoon (3 fishers on the boat).

Rodgers fishing lodge (new lodge not old
One) was in blackfish sound this year. Was going to be Duval point but deal fell through. They have a couple but one that canceled all
Trips was in blackfish sound near Barnett pass.

Any recent updates? Heading up on Sunday for a week. Can’t wait!!

We caught a 17 today at Lizard.
Nice fish.
Next door neighbour here at TC brought in a 24 and a 40 from Swanson.
Much nicer fish!!
Some bigger fish around right now.
Hoping to find one tomorrow.
Still have another week to test our skills.

Back