Clipping downrigger snaps to braid

oguard

Question for a braid newbie, can I clip the release clip directly to the braid?(Stacking rods) If so should I put stops on either side of the clip? TIA

Mike

it will hold for a while, then work it’s way out. most guys run a top shot of mono for this reason, just tie up a double uni knot. works well

Question for a braid newbie, can I clip the release clip directly to the braid?(Stacking rods) If so should I put stops on either side of the clip? TIA

Mike
Try a short piece of rubber tube on the clip, helps to hold it on the braid. ......BB

I coat the clip end of my downrigger clips with that liquid plastic stuff.....helps hold the downrigger line. The kind you dip your plyers handles into to get a better grip. You have to hold the clip open with something until the plastic dries.

Tie the end of the braid to a piece of light tuna cord/rope about 10 ft long. Fold it in half. Tie your braid to the middle with a loop to loop and put a knot or stopper on. One end of the rope tie a ball clip to. The other end tie the scotty line clip. You will never lose a rigger clip again.

Tie the end of the braid to a piece of light tuna cord/rope about 10 ft long. Fold it in half. Tie your braid to the middle with a loop to loop and put a knot or stopper on. One end of the rope tie a ball clip to. The other end tie the scotty line clip. You will never lose a rigger clip again.
I can’t picture that. How about a picture?

Just like this but gun the swivel
IMG_3929.JPG IMG_3930.JPG IMG_3931.JPG IMG_3932.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3928.JPG
    IMG_3928.JPG
    545.3 KB · Views: 34
I use stopper beads to hold the top clip from sliding up. The bottom clip attached to the sure-stop ganglion. I also put surgical tubing on the clip to give it more of a friction fit, similar to the post above with the plastidip coating

you on about downrigger braid or using braid as rod and reel line

if stacking on down rigger braid stick one stopper orange bead 6' up from a pr of stopper beads say 15-20' from where you normally clip to the ball for your lower rods

Back