Need help shattered Diamond seaglaze front windo

saanauk

Hey had one of the windows shatter on my Seasport driving to the ferry. Anywhere I could get it fixed today between Duke Point and Port Hardy? Anything would be helpful. Trip planned to Milbanke and don’t want to go with a shattered front window.

Thanks
Gabe

That happened to my boat last year somewhere on the road between Duke Point and Campbell River. Went to Home Depot in Campbell River and bought a piece of clear lexan, a straight edge and scoring tool to cut it, and Gorilla duct tape to hold it in place. It held and worked well, even using the wipers, until we could get home to have it fixed. We were given the name of a glass company in Campbell River but they did not have time to fix it. Check it out if you have time, or try what we did. Sorry that happened! If you have a rubber gasket around your window, you will need to take it off to have the lexan lay flat. We also went to the car wash near the intersection to the road to Gold River and used the vacuum to get rid of the broken glass.

If it’s like mine the rubber molding on the outside comes off. It is just a press fit in the aluminum frame. Below that the glass is actually held in place by a black compound like silicone. Glass would have to be cut out and then new glass re-bedded. A glass shop should be able to do for you.
Tough way to start a trip. Hope you can figure something out.
Would love to hear about your trip to Milbanke when you are back.

That sucks.
I'd go the plexi route as a stop gap.
usually they are either tempered or laminated.. requires a template made and once glass is cut tempered or laminated .. if it is curved ..takes time weeks in some cases.. use to be a boat joiner/builder..

years ago now but there is a business out on Anicice/annisis island that makes custom and other windshields.

Back