Tidal and Non-tidal Fraser Open Tuesday, Aug 7th

Good to know. But why the 7th? Can't they open for the long weekend or at least on Monday the 6th to let people to fish on a public holiday? Now people have to call in sick on Tuesday. Lol.

Wasn’t sure if I was going to floss/snag this year or just buy a dozen once the price per fish seemed reasonable. A two week trip to the East Kootenays (dry fly fishing on the upper elk and other smaller systems was as fantastic as ever!) during the opening made it an easy decision til now. Came back a bit early due to the interior smoke only to find Kamloops worse than anywhere. I was bored yesterday pm and no way I was doing anything outside here in “smokeageddon” so ..... grabbed my gear and drove down to hope. Took me about 20 min yesterday aftn to get two nice sockeye and a Chrome 15lb white spring on the beach. Headed back down early this am and had my two Sox on the beach after 5 casts. Hooked another 5 on my next dozen casts hoping for a repeat chinook bonus like yesterday, handed them off to guys fishing near me and they lost all but one (the resource is safe based on the average angling competence of most flossers!!!!). Snagged up and broke off so cleaned the fish, packed up, hit the Hope bakery for the best apple fritters in the world and home in the loops before 9am.

Safe to say there are a ton of fish in the river and easy limits for those thinking of getting out.

Cheers!

Ukee

Camped with friends on the beach mid-week. Nice to fish without the crowds.

Got our limits all around on sockeye. Lots of Chinook being contacted...more than usual it seemed? I played two yesterday. I'm no Fraser expert but wondered if the larger number was due to the closures and limit restrictions. Mostly the 10-12 pound Shuswap fish I would think.

Back