DFO Looks at closing down parts of Haida Gwaii for Northern Whales

People Don't trust DFO, They know once the area is identified as critical habitat that in the future DFO and SARA have the tools to shut down fishing should the NRKW population tank.

Its complete ********. If any of the enviro groups question you just point to the population graphs and ask why we should close an area for no reason? The only reason Northern whales are on Sara is because of the pipeline and that is all. There is no reason to protect a group of whales that is 3 times the historical population and rising.

Last edited:
2019 we can send these dip $h!ts packing!

Its complete ********. If any of the enviro groups question you just point to the population graphs and ask why we should close an area for no reason? The only reason Northern whales are on Sara is because of the pipeline and that is all. There is no reason to protect a group of whales that is 3 times the historical population and rising.

This is not ******** and as noted you are not at the table.

Further everyday there is something about the poor whales in the press.
How they do not have enough food.

The public are being led and you can bet we will pay.

The greens will have their proposals into the government hands be September.

We already are way behind and as shown this spring will be chasing the greens .

This is not ******** and as noted you are not at the table.

Further everyday there is something about the poor whales in the press.
How they do not have enough food.

The public are being led and you can bet we will pay.

The greens will have their proposals into the government hands be September.

We already are way behind and as shown this spring will be chasing the greens .

If we have that attitude we will be chasing them. I disagree with you we have been at the table so I am not sure what your talking about. The northern whale addition in the recovery of whales and the new forage zones proposed are complete ********. Let them put there papers in.

Last edited:
According to the recovery strategy (http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/consul...rds/docs/2018-killer-whales-epaulards-eng.pdf), Johnstone Strait/eastern Queen Charlotte Strait is already designated as criticsl habitat for NRKWs. There are still both recreational and commercial fisheries in portions of the critical habitat area as well as a substantial amount of shipping in and out of Johnstone Strait, although Robson Bight is closed to all including vessel traffic to protect whale access to the rubbing beaches there. Commercial salmon fisheries are the only activity still permitted in the Bight.
So I'm not sure how the consideration of other areas will affect the fisheries.

Measures this year and coming years to save the whales. I say again. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SAVING WHALES, this is anti blood sport crap by Horgan and his greenie fools and its all window dressing by JT and his crazies in Ott.

If whale saving really was the agenda there are many better ways to give real help to them, noise from a fishing boat hurts them but the same boat with whale watchers is OK, pinnipeds eat more salmon than all sport fishing but its business as normal, FN net the springs we have let get to the Fraser, business as normal, No real help for habitat, gravel removal, water warming and on and on. Yet lets ONLY stop sport fishing. Am I the only one who thinks this is CRAZY?

Horrible Horgan and pretty boy butt grabber do as I say not as I do cannot really be that STUPID. But they have fooled many.

HM

Measures this year and coming years to save the whales. I say again. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SAVING WHALES, this is anti blood sport crap by Horgan and his greenie fools and its all window dressing by JT and his crazies in Ott.

If whale saving really was the agenda there are many better ways to give real help to them, noise from a fishing boat hurts them but the same boat with whale watchers is OK, pinnipeds eat more salmon than all sport fishing but its business as normal, FN net the springs we have let get to the Fraser, business as normal, No real help for habitat, gravel removal, water warming and on and on. Yet lets ONLY stop sport fishing. Am I the only one who thinks this is CRAZY?

Horrible Horgan and pretty boy butt grabber do as I say not as I do cannot really be that STUPID. But they have fooled many.

HM

This has nothing to do with Horgan. It has to do with the US. Most likely some very rich people who are funding ecojustice and others. I have seen this many times with other campaigns. The whales are tied into Kinder Morgan and an agenda. Look at the 1000 ft view not the 100 ft one with just our fishery. These groups are being funded by oil and business interests in south. They don't want that pipeline and the more noise on whales it makes it harder to put in.

Justin Trudeau needs the pipeline in. He needs the enviro groups support and first nations. He will just keep giving until he gets what his group needs to push it through. Sorry but that's the truth.

I don't believe that Horgan is not involved at some level as are FN. Was it not his BS that caused the Feds hand? We do both agree on my primary point, these closures and attacks on sport fishing have nothing to do with saving whales. Its all about money and votes and exactly who is pulling strings is up for speculation. But some on here still think that we sport fisherman can save these whales. JT needs more than a pipeline, morals and votes

HM

Back