SOLD: 20' ThunderJet Luxor Welded Aluminum

Franko Manini

Well folks, it looks like it's that time...

I've just listed my boat for sale. Those of you who know me know that I am a meticulous person who maintains his gear. The boat is posed on Used Victoria, but here are the details. Note that I have a bunch of fishing, crabbing, and prawning gear not listed on the ad that can be negotiated INTO the sale, especially if someone from this forum is interested in the boat. I'd love to see it go to someone here. If it doesn't go with the boat, I'll be listing it separately here in time.

Please spread the word. I've priced this boat fairly and I know it will serve someone very well. Boat is located in Victoria. Asking $52,500.

The ThunderJet Luxor is a well-rounded, durable, and safe boat, particularly well-suited for the Pacific Coast. An excellent fishing platform, the Deep-V hull and reverse chine design rides well and keeps the occupants dry. It’s design allows the boat to turn and track for skiing, wakeboarding, or tubing at the lake. Rugged welded aluminum construction means you can beach this boat without cringing. Large enough to keep you on the water in moderate winds and get you home safe, the Luxor is light enough to tow with a small truck or van.

This boat sits on a 2010 Titan dual axle trailer with disc brakes and an electric over hydraulic (EOHD) actuator. This is the most reliable, safest, lowest maintenance braking configuration. EOHD uses a braking controller in the tow vehicle to manage braking force on the trailer wheels. The trailer is equipped with new waterproof LED lighting that works every time you hook up.

I bought and configured this package to be a family fishing/exploring machine, and my first priority was safety, then reliability. To that end, this boat works as it should, and is as reliable as I could make it. Everything has been carefully maintained by a rather particular owner. As it sits now, the boat needs nothing. In fact it has had recent fluid and filter changes, and I just replaced the water pump impeller in July. You could tow this boat out of my driveway and launch it without a single concern.

Boat details:
-2010 ThunderJet Luxor 20' welded aluminum
-Extended transom, 22' LOA
-2010 Suzuki DF140 main - 185 hrs
-2010 Suzuki 9.9TH high thrust kicker - 46.4 hrs
-Stainless steel quick connect steering tie bar
-No Feedback Steering system
-Smooth Moves suspension seats new in 2017
-Full canvas and drop curtain
-Miller Marine stainless steel anchor roller/locker
-Bow, transom, and floor lockers
-180 litre fuel capacity (48 US gallons)
-At cruising speed of 30 knots, this boat has a range of nearly 300 nautical miles and burns approximately 5 gallons per hour.

Included Equipment:
-Lowrance HDS7 chart plotter/sounder
-Navionics Gold chart card for local waters
-Airmar P66 600 watt transom mount transducer
-SMIS engine management interface and NMEA 2000 network allows you to view live engine data on chart/sonar display
-Uniden Oceanic VHF radio with DSC and 8 foot Shakespeare antenna
-160W mechless waterproof stereo with Bluetooth iPod control
-Dual marine 12V batteries, professionally tested in 2018 as 95% or better
-Perko battery switch, 1, 2, or “ALL”
-Blue Seas Automatic Charge Relay (ACR) manages charge current between batteries and can isolate a low battery, new in 2018
-NOCO genius GEN2 mini 2 bank, 8A onboard battery charger
-2 Scotty 60" electric downriggers (model 1106) with 450' of PowerPro braid on each
-2 Scotty swivel mounts for downriggers
-Raw water washdown pump
-Bilge pump new in 2017
-Aluminum boat pole
-Dock lines and fenders
-Anchor and chain with 100’ of rode
-All Canadian Coast Guard required safety equipment
-Storage cover

Trailer
-2010 Titan Dual axle trailer, rated for 7000lbs
-Fully welded and galvanized
-Electric over hydraulic actuator, new in 2016
-2" coupler, new 2016
-Titan 4 wheel hydraulic brakes, new in 2016
-New waterproof LED lighting and waterproof wiring installed in 2017
-New bearings, races, seals, and stainless SpeediSleeves this season
-UHMW bunks for easy drive on/drive off launch and retrieval
-Side roller guides

PM to view or ask questions. I don't know how to post pics, but there are a bunch here:

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classif...LEAN-_32102111?preview=insert&new=true&posted

Franko

Last edited:
Looks like an extremely well cared for boat! Are you upgrading or time for a break?

Back