2018 Sidney Reports

Friday Evening spent at Cole, not a sniff. Half dozen boats out, saw 1 mid teen get landed.
Saturday evening spent a couple passes at powder wharf, pretty bare on the sounder so we moved over to the spit. Picked up a 8# just at dusk, on a green and white Coho killer with lemon lime flasher. Saw another get landed just before that also, seems the late night bite was turning on hour after tide change. Bait wasn't getting any love at all.

Always nice when you make the call to move, and it pays off.

We did the early afternoon shift at Fairfax for low slack yesterday. So much bait in all depths which kept the nerves on edge waiting for a strike. Which didn't come. Ever.

Used all of the Greatest Hits in the tacklebox but to no avail :(

Skunk's back on board.

Should protest fish for a sockeye opening in Pender no reason it should be closed for Sox’s
I agree, so does my Member of Parliament. I got my own little protest already happening. Guess DFO will play the vessel noise card, which is why the Whale Watcher statement was mean’t as sarcasm.

We did the early afternoon shift at Fairfax for low slack yesterday. So much bait in all depths which kept the nerves on edge waiting for a strike. Which didn't come. Ever.

Used all of the Greatest Hits in the tacklebox but to no avail :(

Skunk's back on board.

Pretty much the same this morning, a couple shakers and a dog, that's it. Tons of bait again though.

I had luck early last week off the spit, picked up a 9,10, and 14#. Nothing since.

2D3A236F-B5B7-4016-B6DA-8476A7AFFF2B.jpeg 6E14FECB-A8B8-4A48-93A3-364E405E986E.jpeg
So, guess who doesn’t suck at fishing anymore?!

I removed the stinky, stinky skunk from the boat with a couple of Chinook this morning at Fairfax. Limited out by 08:00! 60-90’ in 100-140’
8-10lbs were kept. Let a bunch of unders go and a doggie. Also had a pin popper that didn’t stick.
Finished up with 4 crab from Roberts bay.
I’m probably the greatest fisherman you ever knew.
I’d like to thank god, my parents and those who believed in me.
Happy anniversary to my wife today. I hope 8 years is the fish gift!
Stizzla out.

Attachments

• CA2B334E-6943-4577-8594-45985CDAE893.jpeg
    CA2B334E-6943-4577-8594-45985CDAE893.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 89
View attachment 39261 View attachment 39260

I removed the stinky, stinky skunk from the boat with a couple of Chinook this morning at Fairfax. Limited out by 08:00! 60-90’ in 100-140’
8-10lbs were kept. Let a bunch of unders go and a doggie. Also had a pin popper that didn’t stick.
Stizzla out.

That must have been you guys I saw out there this morning, nice work!

Go to sooke
Could get busy out there with everyone trailering out. Lol! Shows the silliness of the DFO brain trust! There’s no reason to not allow sockeye,coho or chum fishing off the Pender Bluffs and very little to completely close it for Springs unless of course they have shares in a boat trailer manufacturer.

Could get busy out there with everyone trailering out. Lol! Shows the silliness of the DFO brain trust! There’s no reason to not allow sockeye,coho or chum fishing off the Pender Bluffs and very little to completely close it for Springs unless of course they have shares in a boat trailer manufacturer.

I'm going to try Renfrew second weekend in August, I'll let you guys know how it goes. Would be nice to be closer to home though.

What about off Porlier Pass, anyone ever fish for Sockeye up there?

Stizzla out.

Congrats buddy!!

Stizzla out.
I'm more impressed that you went fishing on your wedding anniversary than I am with the fish. Nice work on both counts.

Nice job not getting skunked stizzla! Fished coal this morning short shift 6:30-9 had a good fish on popped the clip and boucinh before I got it and couple nice long runs before it was gone. big fish are smart I guess ? Anyway that’s it for coal till October!

Tight lines

Back