Alouette Lake Kokanee

Was just looking at maps trying to figure out where the drop off is at Mike and stumbled across Mirror Lake nearby, anyone know anything about it?

Based in the little I found online I'm guessing there isn't much there?

Hey Bully, how was the water level? Ive only been there once and it was a treacherous hour long journey to just make it to the main lake. And any size to kokanee? Thanks.

Hey Bully, how was the water level? Ive only been there once and it was a treacherous hour long journey to just make it to the main lake. And any size to kokanee? Thanks.
Waters really high, 14-17" on the kokes. Only takes me 10 min to get to the lake, but i'm runnin a stroker.

Good to know, thanks. Last time i was there, the stumps in the deepest part of the channel were just a couple inches below the surface, it was so nerve racking.

By the time we got to the main lake we were so sketched out that we fished for like an hour by hydro dam and called it a day.

It wasnt a good day. I had to sit on the bow and direct my buddy steering the boat the entire way. Going dead slow by neccesity. My boat does 50mph, no stroker of course.

Have never been back since.

Ya, last year the lake was low in august. Gotta go pip to pin on the markers. There was one spot only 3' deep and my boat draws 32".

17" for a koke is nice. Haven't got any more than about 14" at Alouette in years. Might have to give the Stave another shot. Did you have to go far after getting through to the main lake? Did you mark large schools, or just kind of wander and troll picking them off?

Started trollin right away. Was markin and when we got a hit started doing circles. Was lots of boats at the powerhouse but never seen any nets, never have liked to follow the pac.

Went out last night, man was it SLOW. A few hits, nothing stuck. 5 hours of trolling and casting, yikes. Nice night on the water without wind but WAY cooler than it has been. Then the rain started and we got off the water at 8:45.

Slowest day we've had out there since December (and even then we didn't get skunked). Not sure what was going on...

Wow, I was out there most of the day. I didnt see or hear of the incident. Not surprising though.

It was madness at the launch and with the rental canoes being blown all over the water.

I should have stayed home. 1 hour to launch, hour and 15 to retrieve.

If you can imagine any typical boat shenanigans, it happened yesterday.

Including a first for me on a lake. A guy pulls up in a huge sailboat. He launches and blocks half the launch for an hour while he assembled his mast and sail.

With a lineup of at least 30 boats waiting behind him.

Getting the boat wet for the first time in a while tomorrow. Anyone been out to Alouette recently?

Probably going to be too warm to get much action, but I will try to dial in the thermocline and track some down regardless. Will mostly be out enjoying the sun with a non-alcoholic Radler in hand and wash some gear.

anyone know how the launch is at alouette lake these days was thinking of hitting it sometime for rainbows and kokanee

Regarding the pic from above, via Alouette Parks Twitter;

"The water level has come up about 1 meter since the photo was taken; it’s still quite low".

Anyone been out to Alouette lake since they opened the gate? Is the boat launch accessible? I heard Hydro was planning a major repair project for this summer. I wonder if they are still doing it with the COVID thing still going on.

Back