Help me diagnose?

Damien

So I was out on the water Thursday. Boat started and ran perfectly all day. No problems switching from the main to the kicker throughout the day.

Go to fire up the main to head back to the launch at the end of the day, turn the key, nothing.

Thought it was the battery, but bilge, nav lights, sounder etc fired up.

When I turn the key it doesnt even make its initial "beep" which happens when I turn the key one click normally.

It's not trying to turn over or anything like that. Nothing happens when I turn the key at all. And power tilt/trim wont operate either (reminder to keep a screw driver on board)

Thoughts appreciated.

Not even getting a beep, sounds like no power to switch, check connections and fuses. Clean battery connections.

Buy a new one (fuse that is) There may be a reason it blew, although it could just be its time

Yeah, I have a pack of fuses onboard at all times. Checked them all, except that one. So I had a replacement at the ready, just failed to execute. Haha

I'm hoping it was "just it's time", I'm not in the mood to chase electrical gremlins.

Fuse on the side of the motor is my bet probaly one of the mini fuses

Crossing to sangster last year i blew one on my main boat turned off

Luckily i robbed one from my cowboy radio since i didnt have any onboard now i keep a large selection of fuses on the boat.

thats a good one. the one the red bungie
should be attached to...doh...!

It's funny you mentioned that. I just repaired a friend's boat because of the kill switch. What I mean by repaired is that I flicked it to run and called him a rookie. Everyone had a laugh at his expense.
I think we all have done at one time or another

Check your ignition switch i have had them go and very thing else will work just wont give power to the starter motor.
jump the power wire on the back of the ignition switch see if it turns over

Back