Salt Away mixing unit alternative

big.griff

I think I’ve found an alternative to the crappy, overpriced Salt Away mixing units. I’m sure there’s some people that think Salt Away is hogwash, but I religiously use it for cleaning my boat.

I haven’t had much luck with the mixing units, they seem to leak, crack or explode on me and when I tried to use it with my pressure washer it shook it so bad that the threads pulled out.

Anyways, I purchased what is called a “foam cannon” which intended purpose is for washing cars. I wasn’t confident it would work for salt away as I couldn’t find any details as to what the final ratio it delivered. So I gave it a shot. I took a wild guess and put 150ml of salt away in the canister and filled the rest with water. What a difference!! The boat had a fairly thick layer of salt away all over it. The one canister was the perfect amount to do my whole boat. Usually I use approximately 6oz of saltaway using the original mixer and I believe 150ml is about 5 oz so fairly close to the same.

I bought the foam cannon that connects directly to the end of the pressure washer wand but I believe you can get one for a garden hose. Here is a link to the one I bought.

https://www.amazon.ca/Fasmov-Pressure-Release-Adjustable-Blaster/dp/B01DKC6IY6

Have the same unit from amazon and have been doing this for a few years.

Cleans the salt off the boat with ease, definetly recommend!

I think I’ve found an alternative to the crappy, overpriced Salt Away mixing units. I’m sure there’s some people that think Salt Away is hogwash, but I religiously use it for cleaning my boat.

I haven’t had much luck with the mixing units, they seem to leak, crack or explode on me and when I tried to use it with my pressure washer it shook it so bad that the threads pulled out.

Anyways, I purchased what is called a “foam cannon” which intended purpose is for washing cars. I wasn’t confident it would work for salt away as I couldn’t find any details as to what the final ratio it delivered. So I gave it a shot. I took a wild guess and put 150ml of salt away in the canister and filled the rest with water. What a difference!! The boat had a fairly thick layer of salt away all over it. The one canister was the perfect amount to do my whole boat. Usually I use approximately 6oz of saltaway using the original mixer and I believe 150ml is about 5 oz so fairly close to the same.

I bought the foam cannon that connects directly to the end of the pressure washer wand but I believe you can get one for a garden hose. Here is a link to the one I bought.

https://www.amazon.ca/Fasmov-Pressure-Release-Adjustable-Blaster/dp/B01DKC6IY6

Interesting, thanks for that GF. I just broke mine yesterday. Went to CT to see if they had anything, a few possibilities. Thought I would try some JB PLastic Weld first. I've been using the salt away eversince I renewed my rig 3 yrs ago so I need to find something. had to wash down with water only yesterday and when I left the launch it felt like leaving home naked.:)
So the unit from amazon would require some kind of adapter/connector to screw to a garden hose it seems. Do you use a hose or a pressure wand?

Interesting, thanks for that GF. I just broke mine yesterday. Went to CT to see if they had anything, a few possibilities. Thought I would try some JB PLastic Weld first. I've been using the salt away eversince I renewed my rig 3 yrs ago so I need to find something. had to wash down with water only yesterday and when I left the launch it felt like leaving home naked.:)
So the unit from amazon would require some kind of adapter/connector to screw to a garden hose it seems. Do you use a hose or a pressure wand?
The one I bought is meant to be attached to the end of a pressure washer wand. I believe there is other ones available that connect to a garden hose.

Back