• Thread starter Deleted member 8461
  • Start date
Judging by your response you did not look up the science at all......also judging by the time frame 5 mins you did not look up the science. So poor, this is why you have the opinion you do. You will not look up anything unless it has the word fish farm in it. 50% of estuary smolts die because you pooped and flushed!!! Lol . The pulp industry on the fraser river still pollutes today, 1% of Fraser river water is contaminated with 98 CEC's from this industry. It's a gift they gave us years ago that keeps giving

Yes or no. I'm asking you a simple opinion question. No science needed.
I have been to all the streams in Clayquot sound some many times. The alkalinity in those streams has been averaging less than 10ppm for many years. The water quality criteria for both US and Canadian standards deemed safe for freshwater ecology is 20ppm. 80-120ppm is optimal. Those streams lack invertebrate populations from calcium/magnesium deficiencies and poor buffering ability of the continuously changing rain chemistry. I've been there lots, it's real. There is a perfect scientific explanation for the lack of fish there and everywhere else but it is ignored.

Actually you aren't. You are deflecting. I get it, difficult question to answer considering your strong stance on the pro side and the fact that science has proven what the answer is. Farms, regardless of disease, need to be removed from the water because of this. I know you will deny, but I think you are smart enough to know the answer, which is why the deflecting and hesitation to answer this question. Its a simple yes or no.

Try to follow I ANSWERED YOU, no deflection no nothing......

NOW DANCING AROUND AND NOT ANSWERING QUESTIONS, what were the wild smolts impacts in clayoquot sound? What are the general impacts on wild salmon stocks? .01% or 10%. Will we have to wait another 20 -40 years for your answer?

Nope, science shows that healthy smolts not effected by sewage and poor water quality swim away from predator water. Look up the studies in Washington state college. I know you like pictures so they include a video to explain.

Farms, regardless of disease, need to be removed from the water because of this. I know you will deny, but I think you are smart enough to know the answer,
Again another question you have NOT ANSWERED what diseases do fish farms spread to wild salmon?

I see in your response some information about sewage and poor water quality. But I don't see where you addressed the Clayoquot farm lice issue.
Your next post should contain either 3 letters, or 2. That's it. No need for anything else.
Thanks

I read a study last week, and I'm trying to find it, that addressed your question. They put a number on the wild smolts that were killed by farms. Hopefully I can find it.

It was A study that was conducted in Norway, I'm sure you have seen it.

Are you going to give us your answer? Or are we gonna play this game?

Nope, science shows that healthy smolts not effected by sewage and poor water quality swim away from predator water. Look up the studies in Washington state college. I know you like pictures so they include a video to explain.

Pretty clear what your real answer is. For that alone, you should not be advocating for the Farms because clearly you acknowledge impact.

I find it hard to believe that you have numbers on how many wild salmon are effected by salmon farms. Puzzling that you cannot recall numbers that you just read in an article. And also Norway doesn't apply here, our water is different, our aquaculture is different and the big one is they dont have wild Chinook salmon swimming through a place called the pacific ocean. So......whatever

Also, it's a well recognized World wide fact, that sea lice from farms do you kill smolts. There is no arguing that. Science is so not through many different studies. The fact that you disagree with all that, pretty much sums up your credibility. Maybe it's time to write another opinion article?

I have not once said that fish farms DO NOT KILL SMOLTS. I'm simply asking how many? You do not know......but make claims like " move farms to land because they are killing salmon in the pacific ocean". AGAIN how many? If farms are killing .01%of out going smolt production then spending the projected costs of 15-17 billion dollars is a stupid waste of my tax dollars. All that money for what? .01%,

Now back to the topic at hand. Rockdog Last year I was told that orcas are dieing and birthrate was down because they of malnutrition. I LOST FISHING RIGHTS TO THIS, now your here telling me its prv? What is it?

Back