• Thread starter Deleted member 8461
  • Start date
Seawest news?? Lol

Fabian is paid by the farms to write his opinion articles. Zero credibility. Anything by Seawest news goes straight to the recycle bin.
I don't know anything about this, but big red flag if Seawest is involved in any way.

Seawest news?? Lol

Fabian is paid by the farms to write his opinion articles. Zero credibility. Anything by Seawest news goes straight to the recycle bin.
I don't know anything about this, but big red flag if Seawest is involved in any way.

PSF is paid by entitled funds from our license sales. They also claim to study salmon from the "bottom up" which they do not!! There is a coastal crash in salmon populations and nobody will research the chemistry and ecological health of the water they reproduce in!! Are you saying they are more credible?

It is annoying for me to see how my taxed donation is getting used against fellow local Canadians who need employment.

Trying to discredit the PSF only discredits the reporters integrity.

Its the first time the PSF has ever done anything like this. They basically made a choice based on "maybe". An independent review on PRV was done and the result was quite different. So now the public gets to choose. Will they choose "maybe" or "probably not" take your pick however be cautious because when standards are set with the use of "maybe" it exposes other industries to the same standard of decision making.

There still has been no rebuttal on the review of PRV which clearly apposes PSF's stance on the issue.
https://biv.com/article/2018/07/prv-not-salmon-killer-bc-study

My post only referenced Seawest, which is a news media site created to spin anything negative towards Salmon Farms. Almost all the information put out by Seawest (Fabian) is opinion based and highly biased in favour of Farms. He does his best to discredit everyone else who makes any mention of FF having negative impacts on wild fish.
I made no mention of the PSF.

So many believing in all the anti farming propaganda shows general lack of integrity amongst the Canadian population.

Trying to discredit the PSF only discredits the reporters integrity.
Wasn't it just afew months ago you were sharing studies that said whales were dying do to lack of food? Now it because of PRV...... What kind of science is this? Roll the dice? WHAT IS IT? lack of food or virus? Get your **** together, it looks bad for your fight against fish farms when you keep changing your mind.........

So many believing in all the anti farming propaganda shows general lack of integrity amongst the Canadian population.

Are you saying that those of us who believe Fish Farms have no place in our BC waters "lack of integrity" ?
And do you believe Open Net Pen Fish Farms have no negative effect on the environment or wild salmon?

Its the first time the PSF has ever done anything like this. They basically made a choice based on "maybe". An independent review on PRV was done and the result was quite different. So now the public gets to choose. Will they choose "maybe" or "probably not" take your pick however be cautious because when standards are set with the use of "maybe" it exposes other industries to the same standard of decision making.

There still has been no rebuttal on the review of PRV which clearly apposes PSF's stance on the issue.
https://biv.com/article/2018/07/prv-not-salmon-killer-bc-study
The Workshop could not have been held this year without the generous support of sponsors. This year’s sponsors (listed in alphabetical order) included Aqua Pharma US; AquaTactics Fish Health Services; Aquatic Life Sciences, Inc.; AQUI-S New Zealand; Euorpharma USA; Fish Vet Group, Inc.; Hybrid Catfish Company; Merck Animal Health, Inc.; PennField Animal Health; and Solvay Chemicals, Inc. The 20th Annual USFWS Aquaculture Drug Approval Coordination Workshop is tentatively scheduled to be held in late July or early August 2014—once again in Bozeman, Montana. That said, we hope to see many familiar faces—as well as many new faces—here in Bozeman next year.

Are you saying that those of us who believe Fish Farms have no place in our BC waters "lack of integrity" ?
And do you believe Open Net Pen Fish Farms have no negative effect on the environment or wild salmon?

Nope, I don't think ff's are having any substantial negative effects on the environment or salmon populations.

Yes, I do believe those who are dead against ff's lack integrity by being brain washed in believing ff's are an issue. Have any of you been involved in aquaculture do research your self or do you just read on the net? What first hand field experience do any of you have? Why is it that anti ff supporters cant see that all the water has been poisoned from chemistry change causing changes in algae, loss of stream invertes, lack of decomposition, coastal dye offs in starfish and other species.........? Why is everyone so blind to what has really happened? I have tried to bring it out here but because I don't have a massive marketing campaign nobody will believe. IMO Anti ffers lack the integrity to look out side the box that sits on their desk and look for real field evidence for answers even when someone has pointed them to where there is.

There can be blind followers on both sides of any belief. That's why most industries have to go through some formalized environmental review BEFORE they get approval - everyone EXCEPT the FF industry - the one actually in the water. In such an EA responsible authorities, regulators, applicants, and intervenors are all registered and the information is vetted. Data and methodology is also vetted in the peer-review process.

If your industry has been capable and culpable in avoiding the necessary checks and balances - you end-up in a never-ending "na-na you can't prove it" response by the industry and it's PR consultants (e.g. Fabian) - doing damage control when negative reports finally leak out.

I think it is also paternalistic and ignorant to assume that posters on here that promote responsible stewardship are "brain washed in believing ff's are an issue"; or do no research, or aren't well informed.

Nope, I don't think ff's are having any substantial negative effects on the environment or salmon populations.
Yes, I do believe those who are dead against ff's lack integrity

I have said it before...we are all entitled to our opinions.
Thanks for clarifying your opinion.

What effect? Been asking forever...... .01% or 1%?????

Bones - Regarding the current situation in the Clayoquot. Do you feel that the Sea Lice issue on those farms has, or is having a negative effect on the outgoing smolts?

To say these Fish Farm Pharmacy's don't have a dog in the the fight is quite a stretch.
Pharmacy is controlled by veterinary college not the farm, sigh lack of knowledge. If you believe the farms are pumping out pharmaceuticals then your problem is with the veterinary care of animals not the fish farm. You cannot buy drugs without a doctors note

Bones - Regarding the current situation in the Clayoquot. Do you feel that the Sea Lice issue on those farms has, or is having a negative effect on the outgoing smolts?
Nope, science shows that healthy smolts not effected by sewage and poor water quality swim away from predator water. Look up the studies in Washington state college. I know you like pictures so they include a video to explain.

There can be blind followers on both sides of any belief. That's why most industries have to go through some formalized environmental review BEFORE they get approval - everyone EXCEPT the FF industry - the one actually in the water. In such an EA responsible authorities, regulators, applicants, and intervenors are all registered and the information is vetted. Data and methodology is also vetted in the peer-review process.

If your industry has been capable and culpable in avoiding the necessary checks and balances - you end-up in a never-ending "na-na you can't prove it" response by the industry and it's PR consultants (e.g. Fabian) - doing damage control when negative reports finally leak out.

I think it is also paternalistic and ignorant to assume that posters on here that promote responsible stewardship are "brain washed in believing ff's are an issue"; or do no research, or aren't well informed.
So is your negative stance on ff's coming only from the internet or do you seek any form of field knowledge and information to compare what is marketed on social media? I would believe in the anti ff propaganda if it made sense in the real environment but it absolutely does not. What is your experience beyond what has been advertised on the net? How well are you informed? These questions are for Fogged In too.

wow
Nope, science shows that healthy smolts not effected by sewage and poor water quality swim away from predator water. Look up the studies in Washington state college. I know you like pictures so they include a video to explain.

I can read thanks, so I don't care much about pictures nor a video, but thanks for the assumption.

You danced around the question. A simple yes/no is all that's required. Would pictures help?

Do you feel that the Sea Lice issue currently on the farms in the Clayoquot has, or is having a negative effect on the outgoing smolts?

Last edited:
Back