Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone try the t10 yet outside the boundary of course?
I was wondering the same. In this weeks report, Pacific Angler mentioned some top rods starting to get them. I might launch out of steveston this week and give it a go. Should be coho and springs.

Anyone try the t10 yet outside the boundary of course?

Draw a line from the Iona light to the Sandheads light and you'll see how far away from T-10 the boundary actually is. It's up in the sand, well out of the fishing area. When I fished the Fraser Mouth, the standard tack was to boogie out past the green bell, turn right start heading north. One line at 110, another at 80, 2.8kts until the T10, turn around head back towards the bell. You'll never find yourself in 'The Banana' doing this, and you should hit fish.

Draw a line from the Iona light to the Sandheads light and you'll see how far away from T-10 the boundary actually is. It's up in the sand, well out of the fishing area. When I fished the Fraser Mouth, the standard tack was to boogie out past the green bell, turn right start heading north. One line at 110, another at 80, 2.8kts until the T10, turn around head back towards the bell. You'll never find yourself in 'The Banana' doing this, and you should hit fish.
Thank you. I know this but added that for the haters

Did the whole circuit today. south Bowen, HITW, bell buoy and finished off at west van...not a sniff all day. Except for the desperate seagull that hammered my herring behind the boat, lots of fun.

Prawn traps did very well though. 300+ all jumbos. Was pretty surprised to see that.

Anyone have any better luck today?

Picked up a hatch coho west of fisheries and lost another this morning. Both on chovie. Saw a few fish among a lot of boats. All in all pretty slow.

Do not believe every fishing report which comes across your Facebook, Instagram or Email feed.

That is all I am going to say about that.

At RC now, 30 mins in and no action yet. Respectable bait balls on the sounder.

Fished Cowan to RC and back. Dead quite. No nets out. Beauty weather.

UPDATE : ended up with 1 hatchery coho off west van, 70 large prawn, limits of crab. I did see Bon Chovy land 1 hatchery as well. The water was a thick red/brown with algae bloom.

Anyone else have any updates?

Last edited:
Fished RC from 7 untill 10 saw three grey whales lots of bait no Bites. Moved to the Hump 10 till 2 and got one hatchery and released 2 wild coho and also marked a lot of bait. Water was flat calm. Fished 40' and 60'.

Between myself and another boat, we put in 16 hours rod time in the last 3 days. Nothing to show for it fishing 4 rods each boat fishing it "right" with Anchovies. Fail. Ultimate fail. Looking for big fish...no low teens to show for it.
Doggies. That is all.

fished west van yesterday afternoon from dunderave to the cap from about 2:30 -6 pm, had one hit, did not see 1 fish being played, one guy said he had 1 small coho, everyone else was a thumbs down, like us. I saw 2 or 3 jumpers, not much showing on the sounder, it was a nice enjoyable afternoon on the water though. 2 other boats that came in when we did at Lionsgate marina were skunked also.

FM you make me feel a little better. 12hrs on Sunday. RC, then trolled to Cowan. Couple of circles around there then WV and stayed for the flood change. Anchovies, hootchies and spoons. not a tap. Lines in the water at 6:00am , lines out at 5:30 pm.
The WV fishery in my estimation is an early morning fishery. Got to have your gear in the water for the bite. It can come on and off like a switch. If you miss it you may as well go home. Just my two cents.

FM you make me feel a little better. 12hrs on Sunday. RC, then trolled to Cowan. Couple of circles around there then WV and stayed for the flood change. Anchovies, hootchies and spoons. not a tap. Lines in the water at 6:00am , lines out at 5:30 pm.
The WV fishery in my estimation is an early morning fishery. Got to have your gear in the water for the bite. It can come on and off like a switch. If you miss it you may as well go home. Just my two cents.

I’ve fish here quite a bit over the years. I’d like to say it’s a first light fishery but I have to admit first light hasn’t helped in my experience. The coho are just fickle. Most fish have been hooked mid day in sunny weather. Most coho hooked on gear, late season chinook on chovies.

Years ago you would see pods of coho schooling, finning and jumping. The last few years, next to nothing.

Anyone else?

Nothing first light in WVan. Didn’t mark any fish like last week.
2 good hits at Bell @ noon but didn’t stick. Green Apex @ 70’ was the winner. Again nothing on sounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back