Official E-Petition to Government re: Firearms Legislation

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of two hours ago, the police are refusing to answer the question as to where the handgun was sourced.

Thought here for you: IF the handgun was legally purchased, it would be INSTANTLY traceable.
And, the police would indeed release that intel asap as it fits with their overall anti-gun Agenda.
It will turn out to be either stolen, smuggled, or both. Mark my words...

Lots of spin going on around this incident.
His family would have you believe it was all do to a rough life, and mental instability issues.
The CBC and others are very happy to report this as "Fact"...
disgust.png

Even a federal minister (Bad Dale) is willing to once again LIE to further his government's ongoing Agenda:
"The minister also said today that Hussain was not on any federal watchlists associated with national security."

********. Period.

For you see on the other side of the coin, a different picture is evolving about this terrorist who traveled to Canada via Afghanistan & Pakistan...

"Hussain apparently had been spoken to by authorities about his online activities. Sources say Toronto Police, the OPP and the RCMP have all had an interest in the now-deceased shooter. "
"What law enforcement is saying is that the attack was planned, and Hussain was “well known to Toronto Police” for investigations into past crimes “involving weapons and violence.”

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-was-danforth-attack-terror-or-terrorism?

So while he may well have been "mentally unstable" my thought is that the exact same case can be made for the vast majority of terrorists worldwide...

At one point in time Pierre's Idiot Child somewhat forcefully stated that he would "assume responsibility" should any of the immigrants he welcomed into Canada so openly were to commit any type of crime, but especially so violence.
Alas, like in the Groping incident, he is now removing himself as far as possible from anything remotely resembling "responsibility"...

No real surprise I guess, it is more than obvious that he and his band of Merry Incompetents are focused on an Agenda regarding firearms, and will do pretty much anything in order to keep promoting that... including lies, and including making "facts' up as they go along...

smiley-plugging-nose.png

Nog

Good stuff Nog, well stated. I swear some days the Liberals pay these people to pull this **** off so they can drive their agendas home. The timing of this is ironic at best. Terrible situation that tougher gun laws won't prevent this we know, tougher immigration laws and better screening yes. But guess which road we are going to take,, anyone ??

So the police chiefs association has concerns that this legislation does not make it easy enough for police to access the store records, and that significant numbers of guns originating in Canada are ending up in criminals hands, but we are supposed to side with the merry band of Alt-Righters who post on guns incessantly on a fishing site? I lived in the US long enough to see this type of communication from the NRA. Deflect to "gangs have guns" therefore no restrictions should be imposed. Deflect, Deflect Deflect, its been an effective strategy for one of the most vile organizations in the US. And like the NRA your lot believe after gun violence is NEVER the right time to discuss controls. Getting better information on the movement of legal guns is not an either or in relation to initiatives to mitigate gang violence as MP MacGregor correctly points out, the issues are related but separate. Even in the US gun stores are required to record all transactions that can be accessed by policing agencies, it seems like common sense stores are required to do it in Canada. And oh no, private gun sellers will need to record who they sell the gun to and verify they have a PAL and are not a gang banger? Clearly a prospective law abiding licence holder should be OK with a check past just the last 5 years :eek:. But these initiatives don't make gangs disappear tomorrow so nothing should be done :rolleyes:.

I await the vitriol, except from Nog who may have me on ignore, so maybe my posts don't show up on his feed. Maybe he could make an exception for old times sake. :p

Nah, no vitriol.

I don’t argue with emotionally driven people, I do however love a productive debate with logical minds. Even open to changing my mind.

Sorry, I edited this post because it was a bit confrontational. Maybe Cal is willing to change my mind?

Last edited:
I don't buy into the red shirt/blue shirt libs/cons us/them BS.

However, there are VERY significant differences between the US and Canada - esp. in the arena of gun laws & use - in fact with the US and pretty much every other developed country in the world. To transpose knowledge of what is wrong in the US and the gun laws/regulation there to another country like Canada w/o knowledge of the gun laws and issues in Canada is unfortunately both naive and ignorant of the issues.

mayor spouting off and painting everyone with the same brush before he has any facts whatsoever.definitely in as a restricted/non res. firearms owner

Hussain remained on the periphery of gang life — well-connected enough to get his hands on an illegal handgun (the weapon he used was illegal and he had no Possession and Acquisition Licence)

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/ch...ind-the-toronto-mass-shooting-its-complicated

CBC News has learned from a police source that the gun used in Sunday's deadly rampage on Toronto's Danforth Avenue has been traced to the United States and that U.S. authorities are helping narrow down its origin.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4760344

And while Bad Dale continues his lies regarding no terrorist implications...

ISIS Claims Responsibility for Deadly Toronto Mass Shootings

The shooting was committed by “one of the soldiers” of the group who followed the “calls to target nationals of the coalition countries,” according to a statement from the group’s propaganda agency Amaq, the French news agency said.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-25/isis-claims-responsibility-deadly-toronto-mass-shooting

This quote is from another site, however methinks this fellow has it bang on:

Right now,l the priority is to direct attention toward the firearm,, rather than admit that this was an act of terrorism, committed in a sanctuary city, by an ISIS sympathizer, at a time when admitted ISIS terrorists are being allowed to enter Canada, and thousands of potential terrorists have been allowed to walk across the border into Canada.

And now the Mayor and their city council are losing it, screaming that all handguns, semi-automatics, etc etc be BANNED right across Canada.

Again, the politicking over the dead and wounded is beyond nauseous!!

smiley-plugging-nose.png

Nog

Kinda blows the narrative they were pushing that LEGAL firearm users are selling to guys like this.

I very much distrust western authority’s obsession with removing firearms from the law abiding general population, ie, I’m more worried about the reasons why they want to disarm people that have never been dangerous.

Kinda blows the narrative they were pushing that LEGAL firearm users are selling to guys like this.

That has been proven to be nothing more than lies (once again) such as Bad Dale did when he tried to suggest that gun violence was increasing across Canada (then got caught cherry-picking and subverting the data in an ill-found attempt to support his claims).

No, there is nowhere near that number being sold illegally in Canada by legal owners / purchasers.
First off, the trade is chiefly in handguns / restricted weapons.
A License is required to purchase (RPAL).
The firearm is Registered to that License & Owner, and traceable forever.
Anyone who contemplates such an idiotic move would also be facing pretty much certainty they would eventually be caught.
And Charged.
And all firearm privileges suspended.
Forever.

We keep hearing politicians, media and law enforcement quote that 50% of crime guns were domestically sourced. The truth is the 50% quote is on bottom of page 17 of the ATIP below. It has an important qualifier: “of those that were successfully traced”. But the previous page states they successfully traced 229/783 (29%), so only 14.6% of suspected “crime gun” firearms were confirmed domestic. If the police can’t determine the origin, they assume it’s domestic.

They also "assume it is domestic" if the serial number has been irrevocably removed.

https://firearmrights.ca/en/50-of-crime-guns-did-not-come-from-legal-gun-owners/

So, what the 50% pushers are doing is completely irresponsible, and extrapolating a hell of a lot more than their own data can even support. In other words, more lies.
No Surprise...

Nog

Again, the politicking over the dead and wounded is beyond nauseous!!

Nog

If you really believe this then for the love God and country just stop it.

Correcting the misinformation being spewed is not politicking.

Correct.

Questions now arise as to whether this fellow was mentally unstable at all.
No Psychiatrist has come forth, no subscriptions for meds could be identified, and more and more this simply seems to be a tale constructed to fit an Agenda...

The man who has presented himself as the point of contact for the family of Faisal Hussain is a professional activist who has reportedly committed himself to “framing a new narrative of Muslims in Canada” and creating a “national political movement".

https://theprovince.com/opinion/col...ment/wcm/8b3b522b-e1d3-4344-85d6-45a802fc6b31

Hmmmm...
Nog

Conservative media says it's ISIS and the cops say there is no evidence of that but let's not let a horrific tragedy go to waste so let's push for guns and votes. Shameful.

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid

GLG, we are afraid.

We are afraid that unless we actively correct the same people that are supposed to just give facts, then we will get steamrolled by the agenda.

How about an acknowledgement that the initial reports of this incident had little resemblance to what we are finding out now? Maybe acknowledge how quick the anti gun mob was to use this incident to further their agenda, there was no “let’s see the evidence and debate whether there is anything practical we can do here”, nope....straight on the offense to plant ideas in ill informed minds (due to CRAP reporting) that don’t have the time to independently research and make up their own minds.

The same way we got steamrolled by the DFO and self serving enviro bullies, we can be blindsided by the anti gun hysterical mob.

Please answer this, honestly. Do you actually believe that if Canada was to ban firearms that these types of incidents would go away?

You all may/may not remember the latest incident where a young student reported to police that she was attacked and had her hijab cut off on her way to school.

Remember how among MANY the Prime Minister of Canada came out and blasted his citizens for being racist BEFORE IT WAS INVESTIGATED!!!!

Well as you may, may not remember it turned out she made the whole thing up.

This is just one of countless times these people have done this, so forgive me if I take everything I’m told with a grain of salt.

California you must have a VERY short memory, how did the last gun registry work??? How about we spend the 2 BILLION it cost and redirect towards something more relevant to safety. Laws only effect law abiding citizens. If you are a criminal who cares how far back your history is looked at. Think about that. How will a life long check stop the crazy who gets no background check. Does the agenda leading lies from the police not concern you? I cannot understand why Liberals cannot grasp, history, logic or even the fact that laws do NOT pertain to criminals, yet they relax sentence time, rescind previous conservative laws to criminals as unfair and start all over another law abiding legal citizen attack and a new round of here we go again registry that WILL fail. Only thing this proves is that Liberals are gun scared and are CRAZY.

PS Thanks for the compliment "merry band of all righters". Better than the merry band of butt grabbing liars running our country.

HM

Conservative media says it's ISIS and the cops say there is no evidence of that but let's not let a horrific tragedy go to waste so let's push for guns and votes. Shameful.

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid

GLG

A suggestion do a little digging for verification of what our leaders are saying, it is clearly NOT true. You call us paranoid, I prefer to be called not ignorant and aware to these manipulations for an undisclosed program. Does it not concern you that a snr member of the police can state blatant mistruths and not be questioned? What else are they doing. I am not paranoid just awake and without my head in the sand. I do wish our officials would do something right and reduce, stop or make it harder for these crazy incidents to happen. I am sorry you believe that removing guns from law abiding citizens is the answer. Shameful.

HM

LOL! I take it our local looney is back.

"California".
What a fitting handle!
The greatest concentration of Snowflakes on the North American Continent! :p
Perfect.

Nog

California you must have a VERY short memory, how did the last gun registry work??? How about we spend the 2 BILLION it cost and redirect towards something more relevant to safety. Laws only effect law abiding citizens. If you are a criminal who cares how far back your history is looked at. Think about that. How will a life long check stop the crazy who gets no background check. Does the agenda leading lies from the police not concern you? I cannot understand why Liberals cannot grasp, history, logic or even the fact that laws do NOT pertain to criminals, yet they relax sentence time, rescind previous conservative laws to criminals as unfair and start all over another law abiding legal citizen attack and a new round of here we go again registry that WILL fail. Only thing this proves is that Liberals are gun scared and are CRAZY.

PS Thanks for the compliment "merry band of all righters". Better than the merry band of butt grabbing liars running our country.

HM

The mainstream media has been (impressively) effective at making Right of center people outcasts. Turns out, that as Right wing just means common sense, and the ability to compute nuance, many many people are now realigning because they can’t side with the crazies anymore, I see it all the time. Myself included.

The gun debate is one of a few key issues. They just can’t sleep at night knowing they can’t control us anymore. The cat is outta the bag and the devil screams the loudest before he is exercised.

This thread is great. Endorsed by Fox news, and sponsored by Reynolds wrap, because Alt right gun nut conspiracy theorists should never trust the protection of their tin foil hats from deep state liberal radio waves to a bargain brand tin foil. :confused:

California dreaming Nog!

Last edited:
I don’t see a rebuttal of any points made. Just tired sounding smears that don’t work anymore.
Rebuttals. facts. What do any of your merry band here care about such things. Like the fact all the civilized western countries with significant gun controls have a fraction of the gun violence and crime of the one that doesn't? You are all so worried about gang shootings, in the US there is on average 1 shooting per week perpetuated by a child under 4. That's just the reported ones that result in injuries or deaths, more shootings than occur in Vancouver in a year from anyone. Facts, evidence.......your ilk or bullies like Iron Noggin could be hammered over the head for a month with them and absorb absolutely nothing. The bill is in third reading, its a done deal and more could be coming. Your hero Andrew Sheer is well behind in the polls and his abhorrent ignorant views on social issues pretty much assure another Trudeau government (and no I'm not a liberal, have only ever voted Conservative or Reform but will not ever vote for Sheer).

Just remember, this forum is now full of people who will think twice when they have propaganda forced down their throat. They have plenty of time now that they can’t fish.

Really, do you read the same reports I do on here, the fishing seems pretty good almost everywhere. Lots of places where there are fish outside of the few closed areas. The demise is highly exaggerated. But lets not let facts get in the way......

Laws only effect law abiding citizens. If you are a criminal who cares how far back your history is looked at. Think about that.HM

Got it. A person with a history of violence and/or threats 5 years and 2 months ago is fine for a gun, and is a safe bet not to use it illegally, but someone with the same history 4 years and 11 months ago needs to not get one. Nonsensical argument. Completely reasonable to check their entire adult and maybe even juvenile history before giving them a lethal weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back