sold

RCMP and Local Police were all too busy to deal with interprovincial and global scammers last time I tried. I tracked down names, phone numbers, bank accounts in Canada and they basically said we have internet child abusers and people who have lost money already to try to help. I'd just block the number and move on or text them back and say please call me on my work line and give them the cops number.
or with cash in hand

No money in my hand ,no bill of sale.
The buyer must be pretty desperate if he has to go through that company and pay their crazy interest rates!

i think the bill of sale can be viewed a couple of ways,
1) intent to buy at a specified price and payment schedule. kinda like a car at a dealer through a finance company. you get a bill of sale but have not paid for it
2) this is the one most of you are hang up on, that this transfers ownership and you have not cleared payment and he is going to take your boat. we do not have titles or anything that says the boat is ours unless bought new or from a dealer, our registration does not prove ownership

i would not have a problem giving a bill of sale with a sale price stating no monies have been received to compete the sale

i agree the guy is desperate, but the finance company looks real and being that he is using the boat as collateral is why they would pay you not the buyer (same as a used car lot)

He’s not interested in your boat. You’re just a means to secure a loan. He’ll take the cash and run as soon as it’s in his account. You’re just a decoy to secure the loan. The loans officers need to meet a quota so don’t really give a sh*t as long as he’s followed his due diligence process. Sell sell sell, someone else deals with collecting the debt. They sell the debt to some other debt collection agency. I was a banker. People get creative. They do some very sleazy things for $$$.

Finance companies deal mostly with people with bad or no credit.
I been around way to long on this earth to take a risk with anyone like that.
My life has enough excitement in it to bring any such dealings anywhere close to my finances.

RCMP and Local Police were all too busy to deal with interprovincial and global scammers last time I tried. I tracked down names, phone numbers, bank accounts in Canada and they basically said we have internet child abusers and people who have lost money already to try to help. I'd just block the number and move on or text them back and say please call me on my work line and give them the cops number.
Oh man, that cop number bit is awesome. I’m definitely gonna try that!

Don’t release the boat until cash is in your account and they don’t have the ability to take it back.

Make any bill of sale you want, doesn’t matter.

I’ll know this week the status of the sale. What I do know is the buyers name, where he lives, job, Facebook etc.... so as far as a scam goes I think I have that covered off. As for the financing company once I get the bank draft ( if I get it ) I will cash it , and when cash in hand I will then give him the bill of sale followed by the boat.

Just be careful. He might get a loan for your boat registration. He will have some cash and you might just have a new loan against your boat that the lending company will want to be paid for. I wouldn't hand over any of that information until I had cash in hand. Please be careful and don't get sc*$#ed. Some of these "deals" the bank draft "clears" at your bank, but then the bank realizes it's fake and charges you. Most of the I will pay you more than the amount and you can refund me the money scams work this way.

Hope it works out.

I was selling a boat once and they offered me a bank draft. I took it to the bank and they said it looks good but they don’t know for sure for a couple of weeks. They were willing to put it in my account but told me if it comes back fake I would be responsible for the money. That’s when I started to look into it more and realized that it was a fake draft. It looked real and was good enough that the bank said it looks good.

Hope it works out.

I was selling a boat once and they offered me a bank draft. I took it to the bank and they said it looks good but they don’t know for sure for a couple of weeks. They were willing to put it in my account but told me if it comes back fake I would be responsible for the money. That’s when I started to look into it more and realized that it was a fake draft. It looked real and was good enough that the bank said it looks good.

X 2,
Just because your local branch tells you it looks good, does not mean that it is good.

Back