NEW Fishery Minister

My bet=no change. He still works for JT and is only a pawn in his world. Do as I say, not as I do. No lead by example from current Gov but lots of public BS in front of camera saying how feminine and representative of the looser's he is, still fooling a ton of dumbed down Canadians.

From all the letters I have sent, I have received only 1 personal reply, none for any fishing subject, (C71) and that was a joke full of ********, clearly from my local politician who has NO idea about what's real. I bet nothing changes.

HM

It's all smoke and mirrors setting himself up for next year. Ministers just do what the fat cat bureaucrats and Turdo tell them to do.
If you don't want to write a letter or make a phone call. Then do something, like speak to your local paper or media about the issue. The NGO's do a great job at this. We need more sport fisherman to step up! Organize a protest to draw attention to the issues. Definitely don't sit at home and cry in your beer! :eek:

Selfie,s Grandpa would roll over in his grave if he knew how ignorantly he is treating and cheaping out on the west coast.
DFO Minister Gordon Sinclair
I think you mean Jimmy?

My bet=no change. He still works for JT and is only a pawn in his world. Do as I say, not as I do. No lead by example from current Gov but lots of public BS in front of camera saying how feminine and representative of the looser's he is, still fooling a ton of dumbed down Canadians.

From all the letters I have sent, I have received only 1 personal reply, none for any fishing subject, (C71) and that was a joke full of ********, clearly from my local politician who has NO idea about what's real. I bet nothing changes.

HM
for the time it took you to write the reason why it wont work and the negitives...
you could have written a nice letter stating your very real concerns... and ask him to get us $$$$$$ to rebuild us.

If you don't want to write a letter or make a phone call. Then do something, like speak to your local paper or media about the issue. The NGO's do a great job at this. We need more sport fisherman to step up! Organize a protest to draw attention to the issues. Definitely don't sit at home and cry in your beer! :eek:
Please ....I,m appealling to ALL , personal letters WORK.
and ASK a question... like...will you finally be getting our west coast a injex=ction of $$$$funds that are decades over due for our re-build?
a letter only takes about 2 minutes... please write it, and even get your kids and wife to write one each.

for the time it took you to write the reason why it wont work and the negitives...
you could have written a nice letter stating your very real concerns... and ask him to get us $$$$$$ to rebuild us.
My post was NOT a reflection of the letters I sent, it was a reflection of the responses I received. The letters I sent were "nice" letters, with real concerns and did end with a request for funding and real actions for our dwindling salmon stocks. For all fishing responses I received the same old BS email, "we have received your email and will pass on" same as "out of office", no time for me as far as I am concerned, and no more responses. The personnel response I did receive concerned Bill C71, this scared the hell out of me or "freaked me OUT" my current local federal rep believes and argued that you can walk into Canadian Tire or any outlet that sells firearms or ammo and just buy what you want without any paperwork, license or current PAL. He thinks the new regs in C-71 will make it safer, now gang members and criminals will now (after C71) NOT be allowed to do this. He is NOT on the same dam planet as I am. Now tell me how NEGATIVE I am again.

There are MANY great people on here with a wealth of experience and knowledge who spend countless hours representing our sport fishing community. I am a member of many organizations worldwide and all locally. I attended all my local meetings, provided my input, ideas and voted for the common plan. Yet our current DFO ignores all recommendations and does what they feel, or what they are told by our current leader (liar). Now we have a new minister and miraculously many think that a new demigod will represent us correctly and do what is right for our resource. Sorry I am not in that group, we have been kicked, beaten and treated like criminals to long by this current regime. I do not expect any change soon. Maybe after Oct 2019. Sure hope so.

HM

PS

I will take the time to send another letter, a test to what some snowed believe. Prawn Star hit it exactly.

HM

really?
i,m getting old and maybe your right...
i used to hang out with his daughter , Margreat , who married PM PIERRE.
nice gal back in those hippie days.
I think we are all hitting that stage, but it was definitely Jim.

My post was NOT a reflection of the letters I sent, it was a reflection of the responses I received. The letters I sent were "nice" letters, with real concerns and did end with a request for funding and real actions for our dwindling salmon stocks. For all fishing responses I received the same old BS email, "we have received your email and will pass on" same as "out of office", no time for me as far as I am concerned, and no more responses. The personnel response I did receive concerned Bill C71, this scared the hell out of me or "freaked me OUT" my current local federal rep believes and argued that you can walk into Canadian Tire or any outlet that sells firearms or ammo and just buy what you want without any paperwork, license or current PAL. He thinks the new regs in C-71 will make it safer, now gang members and criminals will now (after C71) NOT be allowed to do this. He is NOT on the same dam planet as I am. Now tell me how NEGATIVE I am again.

There are MANY great people on here with a wealth of experience and knowledge who spend countless hours representing our sport fishing community. I am a member of many organizations worldwide and all locally. I attended all my local meetings, provided my input, ideas and voted for the common plan. Yet our current DFO ignores all recommendations and does what they feel, or what they are told by our current leader (liar). Now we have a new minister and miraculously many think that a new demigod will represent us correctly and do what is right for our resource. Sorry I am not in that group, we have been kicked, beaten and treated like criminals to long by this current regime. I do not expect any change soon. Maybe after Oct 2019. Sure hope so.

HM
I commend you for getting involved Hallmark and we need more sport fisherman to get engaged, volunteer and speak up.

I don't think anyone believes that the new minister is any kind of a Demigod or that real change is going to happen because of him. What we need to do is getting better at is lobbying or pressuring him. This where we need more engagement and involvement. We all know the NGO's are great at this!

HM
I apologise HM for my choice of words.
Thank you for your reply and writting your letters.
I understand your frustration that many of us feel.
But we have to keep putting pressure on these political idiots and see if we can influence them with masses of letters.
Once again i APPEAL to anyone reading these threads to take a moment and write a couple of brief sentences to our new DFO Minister.

I apologise HM for my choice of words.
Thank you for your reply and writting your letters.
I understand your frustration that many of us feel.
But we have to keep putting pressure on these political idiots and see if we can influence them with masses of letters.
Once again i APPEAL to anyone reading these threads to take a moment and write a couple of brief sentences to our new DFO Minister.
Pressure I agree, this may also help. I commend who ever engaged the press concerning the "closure's" on the outer banks. Just read the newspaper story, seen the TV interview and heard the story on Radio. I think this will sway public opinion and may impact DFO's future decision. The heat is on and needs to get DAM hot so they realize their actions have dire ramifications and do little to put salmon in front of whales. To bad its too late for lots of Sooke business's.

I would give up fishing these area's IF the rules applied to all and there was a measured positive outcome for these whales, but we all know this is never going to happen.

HM

Please remember that there is a multiplier effect created by each letter. Most people don't bother so the impact of one letter may be representative of compounded public opinion by a factor of two or three times. Also, it's like a mini poll when you write because we will hopefully express a unified, positive opinion on managing this SRKW fishery topic that offsets the negative policy of DFO and the opinions of some NGO types. Don't underestimate the power of the written word. Just do it!

Here is a link that tells you how to write to your MP in an effective fashion:

https://www.cpj.ca/writing-letter-your-mp

Please be involved guys, this is an important fight and we need to put our best effort forward. A simple, clearly written letter will do wonders for our cause. If 80, 90, 100, 200, who knows how many letters/emails come across his desk and flood the inbox it will make one hell of an impact. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Remember to ask a specific question and ask for a reply to the letter indicating it is actually being acknowledged. Turn on spell check or get your kid/spouse/whatever to proof read it. Please do it. I want my kids to fish.

This is my letter. Took me about 15 minutes.

Dear Mr. Wilkinson,

Congratulations on your recent appointment to Minister of Fisheries, Oceans and Coast Guard. It is refreshing to see some representation from the West coast.

These are very turbulent times regarding the health of the Pacific Ocean, and I am deeply concerned by the recent fishing closures in the name of the Southern Resident Killer Whales. I understand and fully appreciate the value of this iconic species and I want to see their populations flourish. However, I am concerned that reducing angling opportunity will do very little to save these Whales.

We need to invest heavily in habitat restoration, hatchery enhancement and we need to address the issues of fish farm toxins being allowed to enter freely into the ecosystem. Do you have plans in place to address any of these three points?

I am also very concerned about the impact of these closures on some of the communities which are so reliant upon fishing for tourist dollars. We need to tread very carefully to ensure these incredible coastal communities do not end up as ghost towns.

Please find an opportunity to respond to my letter and concerns. I look forward to reading a reply. Congratulations again, and best of luck to you.

more money is being federally spent on the killer whales ...dont know exact amount but i was staaggered...
several hundred million...more than our whole west coast fishery has gotten in yrs...
WE NEED $ FOR SERIOUS ENHANCEMENT of salmon not killer whales and seals and sea lions...

Back