Fish Farms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I know you are refering to me, Dave and bones.

So what are our affiliations?
Ya what are they?
But he seems unwilling to acknowledge undisputable evidence that Open Net Atlantic Fish Farm Sea Lice are a serious problem and do impact Wild Pacific Salmon.
This is not unusual with the three or four aggressive Fish Farm supporters on this forum.
Could his post above simply be another so often seen deflection???
Have you a name for your undisputable diseases yet? O.... Sorry I answered that for you......screamers disease and rotten fish disease, pardon me.
Now you have changed your tune again foggin " Open Net Atlantic Fish Farm " so your ok with just keeping things the same and just go back to 1985 and farm mono chinnook and neutered Coho?

Kind of a big difference as you would expect wild fish to have more internal parasites since they feed on living organisms that
You would expect higher internal parasite loads in native wild fish that eat other live organisms and travel widely exposing them to naturally occurring internal parasite vectors vs farmed fish eating a sterilized diet. Sea lice are a different issue being motile and seeking out hosts without their eggs or larvae having to be consumed to be spread.

Hey look. Two posts back to back that actually addressing whats currently being discussed, using words and staying away from rhetoric. Good example.

Well doesn't that look Yummy.

Holy Yuk !

Hard to believe so many places in the world invite themselves to grow this trash ........ And even sell it.

Sure glad it's not part of our life style or on our menu.

More Nasty looking crap !

The abdomen of an Atlantic Salmon (above) shows skin haemorrhages typical of a fish infected by Infectious Salmon Anemia virus (ISAv). Fisheries and Oceans Canada researchers at the Gulf Fisheries Centre have developed a faster way to detect the virus by combining the best characteristics of two different diagnostic testing techniques.

Photo: Fisheries and Oceans Canada

The photo above shows pinpoint haemorrhages of the skeletal muscle in an Atlantic Salmon collected from a population infected by Infectious Salmon Anemia virus. The new diagnostic screening method for ISAv enables the live virus to be identified an average of 25 days faster than with the traditional virus isolation protocol alone.

Photo: Fisheries and Oceans Canada

As Wild Salmon Decline, Norway Pressures Its Giant Fish Farms
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/06/world/europe/salmon-norway-fish-farms.html

I think a telling quote from one of the fish farm owners in the article is .... "Mr Braanaas conceded the Norwegian fish farming industry "has made a lot of mistakes" but he insisted there were many fewer problems than in other parts of the world, like Chile. where regulation is lighter and "greed takes over". "

Compared to Norway, Canada would also have to be slotted in to the places where regulation is lighter. And according to him, where greed is likely to take over.

I believe so!!
I can't help but think that a few of the adamantly myopic FF apologists/PR people post here 1st to test the waters and tighten-up their PR talking notes so they have answers when later questioned by journalists...

'They are still using the ocean as a toilet': NDP Fisheries critic proposes removing fish farms from oceans
Fish farmers believe it would wipe out the industry
Joel Ballard · CBC News · Posted: Jul 22, 2018
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ses-removing-fish-farms-from-oceans-1.4757158
That is some serious activity taking place right now around the world. Too bad Canada is falling behind due to open-net pen resistance here. Another example of greed in action?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back