Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a friend out yesterday & primarily fished South Bowen on the Roger Curtis side. Water conditions were really good which was a nice change from the beatings over the past several days. Decent bite across the top of the flood for coho. We hooked into several and ended up with 2 hatchery keepers. All on anchovies between 30 - 55’. One of the coho had a 7-8” herring in it’s belly. We tried the pink appts on the way back for about 30 mins without success - it was a strong Ebb at that point and a fair amount of weed & debris in the water so was tough to keep the lines clean. Added 2 nice Dungeness crabs on the way home.
Hard to beat a sunny day fishing in Vancouver!
7F6AABAB-76F8-4A0E-8BAA-DC0EA163C532.jpeg

Well, when I first started the Vancouver-Howe Sound Sechelt Reports Thread more than 10 years ago on SFBC there was no real thread about local fishing in the Vancouver area. It was a disjoint dysfunctional board. It's definitely still something like that sometimes with in-fighting and Jerry Springer show-like antics sometimes but the thread must go on!

In the past 15 years, and 25 if I think about it, there have been some significant and major changes in the way this sport is participated in, the management measures which are implemented, and the state of the resource. Some for the better, much for the worse and some changes of which the consequences, good or bad and truths are yet to be to be forseen and fleshed out. There is much more to transpire and there is more healthy discussion and awareness of the issues surrounding our ecosystems, fisheries, fisheries management and the future of our fish stocks than there has ever been. In this time, the reports thread has morphed into something more, a thread of debate, friendships, experiences, comradery, community and enthusiam of all types.

Without further adieu, it's time to fire up the 2018 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Thread and local fishing area discussion for 2018. Please share your reports!

I encourage all to participate and share their viewpoints, experiences, reports, and enjoy the contribution that SFBC message boards make to the enjoyment of this precious and precarious resource.

My personal fishing goals are to fish 90+ days on the BC Coast this year, participate the guiding/charter industry again as I was and work less at the Monday-Friday day job and enjoy a catharsis of sorts....getting back.

I'd like to encourage all the read the regulations and fish responsibly. There is an important regulation which is in effect January 1...

In area 29, to start off 2018, the daily limit for Chinook is 1 greater than 62 cm. For those starting off the new year fishing for Winter Chinooks..this means you will have to be selective in the fish you take until the limit is increased...and this has some major implications for us fishing in the Springtime.....as the winter fishery is predominantly in Area 28 and 17.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/a-s29-eng.html#s-rest

Area 28 remains unchanged for the meantime....
Area 17 remains unchanged for the meantime as well.

HITW flat but full of debris. Dann near have to troll middle of the sound to stay away from them. Too fustrating pulling weeds off lines every 15 mins. Bait jumping at surface in some spots but nothing caught.

I was trying to get out to the hump this morning but gave up halfway due to the winds and the fact that i was on my own, forgot my phone at home and the gps wasn’t working. Trolled back to QA, BB and then the mile markers.

Lost one pin-popper between QA and B.B. 63’, 4.0 flaming Hans, green flasher. Circled back but that was it for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back