2018 Port Renfrew Reports

To much drama The Jackel is signing off, good luck to all, time to think about hunting

Had a decent weekend for springs even with kicker not starting the second day :( and fishing off the main engine .

We kept 6 from 15 -26 lbs and released about that many 10-12lbs . Most fish caught Friday night and Saturday morning . East Point Friday night and camper creek area Saturday morning , fished east point Saturday night and Sunday morning but it slowed down for us only with a few fish , wasn't ideal trolling on the main . Just picked up another kicker and will be out soon :)

Last edited:
Had a decent weekend for springs even with kicker not starting the second day :( and fishing off the main engine .

We kept 6 from 15 -26 lbs and released about that many 10-12lbs . Most fish caught Friday night and Saturday morning .

On the beach or offshore?

We kept 6 from 15 -26 lbs and released about that many 10-12lbs . Most fish caught Friday night and Saturday morning .

Thanks for the report headed up Wednesday/Thursday first trip to renny ...looking forward to it. Hopefully I don't **** off brutus and jackel but il fo my best to fit in with the pack

fished saturday starting at owen point to walbran and back. Tons of small fish and only one 16lb keeper just past camper. Headed back up friday to sunday hoping for better results!

Thanks for the report headed up Wednesday/Thursday first trip to renny ...looking forward to it. Hopefully I don't **** off brutus and jackel but il fo my best to fit in with the pack
Its hard to **** me off lol, but some manage to hit the nail on the head, cant speak for jackel. Fishing is hot for some not so hot for others, pockets of fish here and there right time right gear , off shore is consistent from what i here from the guides, good luck

If you want to fit in, grab a 6-8oz weight and cut-plug the beach areas instead of running downriggers!

Dont think the gear you run behind your boat is the issue, the way you behave when you run it is
yeah, I have fished all over the BC coast and "right hand to the shore has the right of way" has always been the rules everywhere I have gone. Except for Port Renfrew where there doesn't appear to be any rules and people just drive wherever they feel like!

Dont think the gear you run behind your boat is the issue, the way you behave when you run it is
You and Jackel should be putting on some fishing clinics on how to run the ocean, navigate properly, fish, rig gear, mooch, handle rods, throw weights, catch tyees, troll forums, and belittle beginners. Would give you a chance to tell us all how you walked to school uphill both ways and how the west coast was won. Lastly you could sign some autographs and we could sign the documents nessessary to fish the same waters that you somehow were granted ownership of.

You and Jackel should be putting on some fishing clinics on how to run the ocean, navigate properly, fish, rig gear, mooch, handle rods, throw weights, catch tyees, troll forums, and belittle beginners. Would give you a chance to tell us all how you walked to school uphill both ways and how the west coast was won. Lastly you could sign some autographs and we could sign the documents nessessary to fish the same waters that you somehow were granted ownership of.
402476_271462566253169_198107283588698_769820_488066447_n.jpg

Back