Tuna, 2018 - it won't be long

I just sold the rig :(. I will be looking to pay gas money and swabbing decks this tuna season for anyone that will take me:D. I still have all my tuna tackle. Any of the experienced folks looking for a deck hand shoot me a PM (I work hard and I pay up). Super busy year this year so only 1 or 2 trips for me.

I can't believe you sold it! Nooooo. Anyways I am going to be living up there very close to you soon, so you are always welcome aboard my boat. Not for Tuna though my rig is too small. :eek: Still can't believe you let the boat go.

I just sold the rig :(. I will be looking to pay gas money and swabbing decks this tuna season for anyone that will take me:D. I still have all my tuna tackle. Any of the experienced folks looking for a deck hand shoot me a PM (I work hard and I pay up). Super busy year this year so only 1 or 2 trips for me.

wow ,
im shocked , thought it was in ur veins ,
good luck in your future there Sculpin
( i would sell my soul before my boats lol... )

later...

felix

For me, tuna is a bucket list fishery. My boat is too small to head that far offshore. I have a Campion 542. Totally jealous of you guys

Always has been on my list as well. After reading many of these posts we booked a trip with Mark Coleman of All Rivers. He seems to get very high reviews from members here. Cant wait. Trip is end of August

I would add, don't overcomplicate it.

Had a 30' with Twins and all the safety gear and Sat phone before heading out for Tuna the first time, but very little 'tuna' gear. Went with a buddy (his first time) and my son and did pretty well, I think we got 15 in a few hours. Mostly on salmon gear & zukers. As time went by got more hali/Tuna gear, and just my son and I have gone out (when he was 11) and filled the boat hitting fish just 23 miles out on our best/shortest day. Furthest day I think was 47 miles. Out of Tofino.

Had a 30' with Twins and all the safety gear and Sat phone before heading out for Tuna the first time, but very little 'tuna' gear. Went with a buddy (his first time) and my son and did pretty well, I think we got 15 in a few hours. Mostly on salmon gear & zukers. As time went by got more hali/Tuna gear, and just my son and I have gone out (when he was 11) and filled the boat hitting fish just 23 miles out on our best/shortest day. Furthest day I think was 47 miles. Out of Tofino.

Awesome little deck hand you have there.

Thanks for the vid.

Some weather windows coming up. Hope these 2 days of hard NW doesn't mess it up!

Excited to hear what's happening out there. I'm fishing vicariously through others right now while I'm working overseas.

We’ve plugged the boat in the first week of July at 35 miles. Lots of other guys have too. Sometimes you’ve gotta make reports.

Just saw some Canadian boats unloaded today so they’re on this side of the border.

Back