Arima Sea Hunter

SSwilson92

Recently I've been flip flopping around the idea of spending $$ modifying my 16' Sangster but the more I think of about it and look at other boats the more I'm thinking of upgrading to a straight up fishing boat. I have been looking into the Arima Sea Hunters and I'm really starting to think this is the way for me to go. Just looking for some input maybe pics and stories of Arimas. Initial thinking is the 15 would be enough and the price on some of these is super reasonable but the 17 would definately be roomier. Thoughts?

Thanks

Arima's seem to be well built and for the most part pretty good,BUT,they have a funky transom that makes the kicker sit way back making the steering setup poor and they have a very flat stern (modified Vee) so they will pound ,especially the smaller boats. But if only go out on the flat water days they are quite stable for fishing.

It all depends on what you consider a rough ride. I know guys that have the 17 and love them they are an economical boat as a result of the modified V and flatter transom area. Yes they will pound when out in rougher water, but some don’t go out fishing in such waters. If you’re caught out in a weather change and rougher water comes up, then you’re going to have run in a lot slower. The upside is they usually run lower horsepower and still get to and from fishing grounds. All depends on the individual boater.

Oly

I have a 17’. Trim tabs make a huge difference when the seas pick up. It is not fast as it has 8’ beam but very stable to fish on. And yes the fuel economy is superb compared to deep v boats.

Back