How do you un-spool your reels?

I use the “Ripper Stripper” from Busted Fishing. It’s a dream to use and pays for itself the first time you reverse your line.

To strip you attach a water bottle (it threads on). Strip your line off and the. Crush the bottle and slide the line off to be recycled. Allows you to run a knife or sharp scissors through it to make sure it doesn’t get caught on anything.

https://www.bustedfishing.com/#!/Ripper-Stripper-Reel-Stripper-Reverser/p/39769509/category=7152160

The same company has a reel spooler that contains carbon fibre drag washers inside it so you can tighten it down and pack the braid on your reels like a rock. It works just awesome.

Tie a light weight to the end of the line then go looking for prawn or crab poachers raiding pots and try to get your line wrapped on their prop, kills 2 birds with 1 stone, lol

I use my rod wrapping lathe, but anything with a power drill gerry-rigged will get it done. Also helpful for loading just the right amount of backing with braid and top shot, then peeling it off, reversing it and loading it back on when stringing up for the first time (think mooching reel loaded with braid, but not $80 worth of braid).

fb

That ripper stripper comes with two large spools so you strip it onto one, spool it in the second and then back on your reel and your line is fully reversed in minutes.

Throw it tied to a rock into some poacher's prop an hang on

Back