Has Anybody Here Vinyl Wrapped Their Boat?

You're going to want to do a rebuild and put the keel on the bottom. Looks really good. Did you have any dings or patches before, and if so did they show through the wrap? I have lots of prep to do whether I paint , gelcoat or wrap.
think I'll just fish for a while longer.
The hull was in good shape. Looks pretty mint with no prep.

Looks good!

I’m now wondering if a wrap is the way to go...
Go for it! For those wondering about cost, it was about $1400 including the new double eagle logos and name decals. They sealed up all the edges with a clear strip and did a little invisible clear bra on the front for protection against rubbing. I think he value of my boat went up about what I paid for it. Looks so new, it’s hard to believe that she was born in 1990!

Last edited:
Wow Steve really took that de up a notch well done looks great
Thanks a lot! I’m out there working on her again now... removing the faded old pinstripe on the gunnel yo put on a fresh red stripe. Also the ez-loader trailer is getting wrapped in the leftovers and I even got an extra couple of tight lines printed off so the trailer will match the boat.

You need to get some of your old Tomic plugs wrapped. Maybe thats what you need to turn your fish catching luck around. It will match your ride.

Oly

Looks good guys.
Lately I've been thinking of line-ex'ing my hull and trailer. And boat deck. Seen some vehicle's that have had their quarter panels done it seems to look pretty good. Was wondering how it might look on a trailer and it it would help keep the steel from corroding...

Looks good guys.
Lately I've been thinking of line-ex'ing my hull and trailer. And boat deck. Seen some vehicle's that have had their quarter panels done it seems to look pretty good. Was wondering how it might look on a trailer and it it would help keep the steel from corroding...
I was interested in your response, so I checked their website. They say it’s made for the harshest environments, I’d say a salt bath is about as harsh as it gets. That being said my trailer is only submerged for about 43 seconds for drop off and 1 minute 47 for retrieval. (Im the fastest in the west).
It should hold up to that just fine. Work trucks get all kinds of **** thrown on bedliners and they always seem to hold up.
If you have a bit of rust on your trailer already, next time you cross the border, smuggle back some black star rust converter. USA seems to allow way better (harsher) chemicals than Canada. That includes weed and feed for your lawn.
Anyways, black star turns the rust rock hard, and you can spray it with cold galvanizing spray afterwards.
Have you priced getting the trailer sprayed with line x? If you do it, please send a review and pictures. It would look good I’m sure if you just go for a neutral grey or black.
This post was brought to you by the drink wine.

Last edited:
Back