2018 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

buddy just boxed 4 in the last 1/2 hr on the tack between little BEALE and whittle.. small spoons still!! bite came on!

Friday Boxed 3 Chinook at Beal using white and Green hoochies at 65 ft around 1-3pm. 16,15,12lber. Nothing in diplock

buddy just boxed 4 in the last 1/2 hr on the tack between little BEALE and whittle.. small spoons still!! bite came on!

What do they consider "little Beal"?.... I'm familiar with the area as I usually fish the wall. I was looking at a chart today, and was trying to figure it out as I have never fished down near Whittlestone.

We headed out to Bamfield from China Creek after we were done sockeye fishing on Thursday. We fished the Wall, and then down to Whittlestone. Didn't hook up any keepers, all shakers, about twelve of them. Friday, we headed back out to Barkley and fished Pill Point. I didn't see anyone hook into anything decent. It was all shakers again. Rained most of the time we were out there too. At least with all the shakers we caught, it's a sign of a healthy nursery.

Spent last week down below with a bunch of inlaws. Most of the time was spent at Pill and hooking into Blood Bay. Lots of shakers = lots of fun for the kids. One day we got 16 shakers to the boat for the 3 Springs and 1 Coho in the box. Lost many others. Fish were not as big as they were a couple weeks ago but were still very tasty. Father-in-law seen 25+lb fish and a couple more high teens being filleted so the big ones are out there to be caught.

Hey is there flake-ice available at Mills Landing for non-guests? Or should we pack a cooler in Victoria to bring? We're staying at Woods-End. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks!

Back