DNA Catch Data

profisher

So I just received the results of my 2017 Logbook and DNA collection data. I thought many of you would be interested to see the results. All of these entries are Chinook and all were caught between Otter Point and Point No Point. I have listed them in 2 weeks time periods.
May 11th to 28th - Nooksack River (2) Soos Creek Hatchery (2) Elwha River fall run (1) Green River fall run (1)
June 1st to 15th - Nooksack River (1) Bonaparte River (1) Snohomish River (1)
June 15th-30th - Nooksack River (1) Soos Creek Hatchery (1) Skykomish River (1) Eagle River (1) Holmes Creek (1) Spring Creek (1)
July 1st to 15th - Soos Creek Hatchery (7) Snohomish River (6) Green River (6) Chilko River (2) Nooksack River (1) Eagle River (1) Skagit River (1) Lower Shuswap River (1) Elwha River (1)
July 16th to 31st -Elwha River Fall Run (4) Snohomish River (2) Robertson Creek (2) Soos Creek Hathcery (1) Lower Shuswap (1) Lower Thompson (1) Skagit River Summer Run (1) Lower Cariboo River (1) Puntledge River Fall Run (1) Green River (1)
August 1st to 15th -Green River Fall Run (5) Snohomish River (3) Little River (5) Lower Shuswap (1) Nitinat River (1) Puntledge River Fall Run (1)
August 16th to 31st -Lower Thompson River (8) Green River Fall Run (8) Soos Creek Hatcheery (4) Nitinat River (4) Robertson Creek (6)Little Creek (6)Snohomish River (2) South Thompson River (2) Lower Shusweap River (1)

A few Scott...Shuswap, Thompson, Chilko, Cariboo

Quite a few from Robertson in August...have seen that before.

I'm not afraid of real data...its the BS political stuff that scares me.

I'm not afraid of real data...its the BS political stuff that scares me.
Right on! Data is our friend. At least we have objective evidence based decision making...well, until the politicians get ahold of it. But, having data helps us hold the politicals accountable. Hopefully more guides agree to collect DNA. The WCFGA is strongly encouraging members to provide DNA and Log Book data.

Profish I saw Bon chovyS data for area 29 and it also included samples from the fish they released. Lots of their underside fish less
Then 62mm came from Washington state.

Does your data include some released fish as well?

BC....Bonaparte, Eagle, Caribou, Shuswap, Eagle,chilko, , little river, punt ledge, Robertson, Holmes, Thompson,nitinat.
Great data!
Unfortunetly a couple stocks I didn’t want to see on the data...
Still **** all compared to what the inriver netting does on the Fraser!

BC....Bonaparte, Eagle, Caribou, Shuswap, Eagle,chilko, , little river, punt ledge, Robertson, Holmes, Thompson,nitinat.
Great data!
Unfortunetly a couple stocks I didn’t want to see on the data...
Still **** all compared to what the inriver netting does on the Fraser!

I think the Bonaparte was probably hatchery marked or a jack or released.

Pro fisher would have to confirm that.

Holmes River wow!!! Thats kne of the furthest runs up the Fraser. 200+ km past Prince George.

So I just received the results of my 2017 Logbook and DNA collection data. I thought many of you would be interested to see the results. All of these entries are Chinook and all were caught between Otter Point and Point No Point. I have listed them in 2 weeks time periods.
May 11th to 28th - Nooksack River (2) Soos Creek Hatchery (2) Elwha River fall run (1) Green River fall run (1)
June 1st to 15th - Nooksack River (1) Bonaparte River (1) Snohomish River (1)
June 15th-30th - Nooksack River (1) Soos Creek Hatchery (1) Skykomish River (1) Eagle River (1) Holmes Creek (1) Spring Creek (1)
July 1st to 15th - Soos Creek Hatchery (7) Snohomish River (6) Green River (6) Chilko River (2) Nooksack River (1) Eagle River (1) Skagit River (1) Lower Shuswap River (1) Elwha River (1)
July 16th to 31st -Elwha River Fall Run (4) Snohomish River (2) Robertson Creek (2) Soos Creek Hathcery (1) Lower Shuswap (1) Lower Thompson (1) Skagit River Summer Run (1) Lower Cariboo River (1) Puntledge River Fall Run (1) Green River (1)
August 1st to 15th -Green River Fall Run (5) Snohomish River (3) Little River (5) Lower Shuswap (1) Nitinat River (1) Puntledge River Fall Run (1)
August 16th to 31st -Lower Thompson River (8) Green River Fall Run (8) Soos Creek Hatcheery (4) Nitinat River (4) Robertson Creek (6)Little Creek (6)Snohomish River (2) South Thompson River (2) Lower Shusweap River (1)

Great to see those Elwha fish. Hope those numbers pick up as years go on with all that “new” spawning habitat.

No DNA from released fish. Unfortunately when the earliest restrictions are in place there is very little guide work now so the sample numbers drop too.

Very well done apparently southern killer whales only eat upper Fraser springs so your data shows low impact on those fish

I got mine back too and mostly american a few fraser fish just goes to show area 19/20 isnt impacting what they say YET they still slammed us ...proves the system doesnt work....they do whatever politically motivates them sad system.....

Back