2018 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Fished the flats on Sunday and Tuesday. Trolled every lure in the box and jigged for a bit and didn't see a single fish. Hopefully picks up here soon! Going to try again tomorrow

Fished for hali out of Pedder today. The parking lot was a ghost town at 7:30. Solid dogfish action for 5 hours but a pretty nice day on the water.

Fished for hali out of Pedder today. The parking lot was a ghost town at 7:30. Solid dogfish action for 5 hours but a pretty nice day on the water.
Fished for Hali out of Pedder as well. Lost a 25-30lb one at the boat but we did manage to get two smaller ones before noon. We also got our share of dogfish as well. Reported earlier on the Sooke Report page.

Donated a cannonball to the commie crabbers out of esquimalt anglers Thursday evening, but thankful we didn't lose a lot more after getting both lines caught up. No bites but got fed up pretty quickly. Hope to troll the waterfront Sunday morning and maybe this evening, be great to get a report to inspire us!

Bit of an aside but anywhere to buy blocks of ice and/or dry ice in Victoria?

got to constance around 630 on sunday, got 1 small, no action out there after that. Headed to clover point around noon, and no other bites for the rest of the day. was using bait, spoons, and hoochies.

I think I saw you in the Gap with rest of the fleet.
Grey C-Dory fishing 3 rods ?
never seen so many boats fishing that area.

Fished Sunday Flats, 12 lbs and 6 lbs and released two others and lost one and had two other hits. Beautiful day. and fishing was pretty good. Bait everywhere but on the small side.

Fished Constance for 7 hours Sunday morning. Lost a nice 10 pounder at the boat at 5:15. Big hit on bait, released one undersize. Nothing happened after that. All happened within an hour of being on the water and then just burned gas. Gorgeous day though. Couldn’t have asked for better weather. All action was on a white glow coho killer and Madi flasher

Fished the waterfront 7-12 on Sunday. First time in a month or more in that area for me. Picked up a 6lb hatch off of brochie right at the bottom 120ft. Purple haze flasher and cop car spoon. That was the only it.

Picked up the 3 grandkids, son and daughter in law at 1pm and went to Albert Head as the kids wanted to jig for rock cod. The youngest (8) got his first ever ocean fish, a rock about 10-11" long but no way was he releasing it. Wanted it for dinner,,,,he said to his siblings, "I caught my dinner, don't know what you guys are eating". Ha ha. They also pulled the crab pot. Lots of undersized but did have 3 keepers. Love it when they want to go on the boat with me but I prefer one at a time. A 8,9 and 10 year old make quite a chatter when they are on a small boat.

Are there places around the waterfront, other than Albert Head, where you can pick up rockfish? The few that I've picked up at Albert with the kids have been really small.

Fished the waterfront 7-12 on Sunday. First time in a month or more in that area for me. Picked up a 6lb hatch off of brochie right at the bottom 120ft. Purple haze flasher and cop car spoon. That was the only it.

Picked up the 3 grandkids, son and daughter in law at 1pm and went to Albert Head as the kids wanted to jig for rock cod. The youngest (8) got his first ever ocean fish, a rock about 10-11" long but no way was he releasing it. Wanted it for dinner,,,,he said to his siblings, "I caught my dinner, don't know what you guys are eating". Ha ha. They also pulled the crab pot. Lots of undersized but did have 3 keepers. Love it when they want to go on the boat with me but I prefer one at a time. A 8,9 and 10 year old make quite a chatter when they are on a small boat.

Are there places around the waterfront, other than Albert Head, where you can pick up rockfish? The few that I've picked up at Albert with the kids have been really small.
Trail island

Most of trial island in within an RCA. Only the southern tip is legal for any fishing. You want to check for Rockfish Conservation Areas before you fish an area.

Planned on going to Sooke this morning but the winds made me change to waterfront. Pretty uneventful, 5 - 11:30 without a bite, anchovy, spoons or hootchy. Lots of bait clouds showing on the sounder but nary a salmon.

Fished the flats yesterday morning 6 to 11
Got a 19 and 22 lb spring
Lots of small schools on the sounder just west of Brodie in 100 ft of water
Moonjelly flasher s and 5 1/2” anchovies

Yeah, and you probably saw us with the hay nest of tangle lines once as well! Looking for a house in Cadboro Bay these days too if you have any neighbours selling a bigger lot to park the boat. Bonk anything? Pretty tough to keep up to NB!
Yeah he was pretty hot Sunday.
I had some hook ups, but they all got off.
:(

Back