2018 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Inside Nootka doesn't seem to be producing much yet. I'm sure it will turn on but hasn't yet this week. On the other hand Bajo has been on fire for us. Lots of fish. Springs in the 20 range and lots of coho. Unfortunatly most of the Hos we've been catching are wilds. Winds offshore have been favourable and we've made it out three days this week. Weather has been good this week with minor rain yesterday and a little late today. Friday winds offshore don't look good but we will wait and see. Haven't had a chance to get out for Hali yet. Back up next week and will Hali hunt then..Also, strange to see a commercial troller off Bajo in the mornings yesterday and today. Never seen them out there on any of my travels. They were right by the "Red Can".

Inside Nootka doesn't seem to be producing much yet. I'm sure it will turn on but hasn't yet this week. On the other hand Bajo has been on fire for us. Lots of fish. Springs in the 20 range and lots of coho. Unfortunatly most of the Hos we've been catching are wilds. Winds offshore have been favourable and we've made it out three days this week. Weather has been good this week with minor rain yesterday and a little late today. Friday winds offshore don't look good but we will wait and see. Haven't had a chance to get out for Hali yet. Back up next week and will Hali hunt then..Also, strange to see a commercial troller off Bajo in the mornings yesterday and today. Never seen them out there on any of my travels. They were right by the "Red Can".
That's the Muchalat commercial opening.

Hopefully the winds continue to stay low!

Got the electrical problem sorted out on the downrigger thanks to Eriks.

Heading out to Esperanza tomorrow.

Nice fish Codfather, First trip up this year for Thr Three Amigos starts Monday, hope it’s favoutable with light winds to get out to reef and beyond.

Esperanza last couple of days. Ferrer WAS good until this am with the weather change. Everyone scattered and the radio chatter got sketchy. Blowing hard at present...

Up mid week coming. Hope fish are inside as never fished outside there.
Where is red can other pre posts are talking about

Yup thats the one can anyone suggest anything closer thats outside..... fishing out of critter
11th to 16th

Anybody been fishing up at Rosa at all in Esperanza? If so, how are results? Inside Nootka still dead today. I think its too early. Lot of rain today. Maybe that will push some fish into the sound.

Anybody been fishing up at Rosa at all in Esperanza? If so, how are results? Inside Nootka still dead today. I think its too early. Lot of rain today. Maybe that will push some fish into the sound.
Didn't fish Rosa today, but the few reports I heard were, it was slow.

ya, thats what I thought. fingers crossed we can get to Bajo in the morning but reports looks suspect. thanks...

The Pink Hats will be on the water Monday afternoon. Long live the Pink Hats!!! For anyone wondering the significance of the pink hats. Were Doctors Without Borders and we’re giving free breast exams!

Back